Chapter 30 - Just Fake It

The question threw him off. "Huh?"

"Why am I still hanging around you guys when I know I'm just going to die in the end?" I asked him a different question this time. "What's even the point of keeping me with you? Either let me go or just kill me."

Kakucho was starting to piece together what happened just by the questions I was asking. "Aoi Kuwa was killed, wasn't she?"

I didn't answer right away. "...yeah."

Kakucho let out a sigh. "And Ran was the one who killed her right in front of you?"

"Yeah."

"I see now." Kakucho knew this outcome would come eventually. They did get rid of the girls they mark once they outlive their usefulness, so Aoi's death was already set in stone. Me on the other hand, I too was suppose to already been dead a long time ago but I managed to avoid that. But now that they had me, what was the reason I was still alive? I been under their watch for three and a half months now and I'm still alive. Is it because Mikey still has an interest in me or what?

I felt the bed shift telling me that Kakucho had gotten up. I then heard him leave the room and I still laid on my side. Now that I was alone, I couldn't help but replay that horrible scene in my head. "Is it bad that I'm not crying?" I asked myself. I mean I didn't particularly care for Aoi so why would I be sadden over her death? But then again, I wasn't that thrill that she was dead either. I was just in a state of indifference at this point. "I did feel bad about that couple and security guard but that was because they were killed due to their involvement with me." I let out a sigh and continue to stare at the wall. "This sucks."

I stayed in his room for the rest of the day and throughout the night. Kakucho would come by to see if I was going to eat or not but I didn't say anything to him. I just laid in his bed. I did however get up to use the bathroom when I needed to but that's about it. Actually I lied, I did come out of his room in the middle of the night to find something to snack on. "So what am I going to do now?" I asked myself as I sat up in Kakucho's bed. "I know they thought seeing that would make me not want to escape from them but that did the total opposite." I grabbed my phone and looked at the messages Sumiko sent me. "Hell, I want to escape from these people as soon as possible now." I looked at the pictures she sent me with her and her girlfriend. "It must be nice. I'm trying to get like you, my girl." I was talking about how carefree the two of them looked in those photos.

I sent Sumiko a text back. I really wanted to tell her about what's really going on with me but I was afraid she might try to come look for me. "She is the last person I want to get involve with this mess I'm in." I turned my phone screen off and put it next to me. "Guess I'll be living in Kakucho's room until they force me out of here." I had no intentions on talking to anyone of Bonten for a hot minute, expect for Kakucho. Kakucho was still somewhat okay in my eyes and maybe Koko.

A solid week passed and I did exactly what I would do. I stayed in Kakucho's room and ignored any and all messages from the Bonten guys. "She's still holing herself up in your room?" Akashi asked as he was sitting in a chair in Kakucho's living room.

"Yeah." Kakucho let out a sigh and took a sip of his coffee. "She doesn't seem like she wants to leave my room anytime soon either."

"I see." Akashi got ready to pull out a cigarette but looked at Kakucho. "You don't mind if I smoke in here, do you?"

Kakucho shook his head. "Go ahead." He finished what was left in his cup and heard the door to his bedroom open. "Good afternoon, (Y/n)."

"Hey." I spotted Takeomi in the living room. I stared at him for like two seconds and walked into the kitchen. I didn't greet him and just grabbed something to drink. I then disappeared back into Kakucho's room.