Chapter 63 - First Day Out (of the Hospital)

It was a somewhat interesting car ride to what I thought was Kakucho's apartment. I kept playing certain songs to express how I felt about the possibility of living with Mikey, but Mikey didn't pick up on it at all. Kakucho did on the other hand and even asked if I could just play some regular music.

"But this is regular music, Kakucho" I told him and I heard him sigh. "Also, where are we going because I know we passed your apartment five minutes ago."

"I need to take Mikey back to what you would call our headquarters." He made a right turn and pulled up to a red light.

"So it is your headquarters" I concluded. "Every evil organization needs one, I mean look at Doofenshimirtz evil incorporated."

"Huh?" He started driving again once the light was green.

"Nothing." I laughed a little to myself and changed the song that was playing.

Another five minutes passed and we arrived at the all too familiar big ass shady building they spend most of their time at when their not at their own places or terrorizing me. There was a group of men in black suits waiting in front of the building and once the car was parked, they approached the vehicle.

"That's kind of scary" I thought as I watched the men. I could feel Mikey touch my hand which caused me to turn and look at him. "Yes, Mikey?"

He didn't say anything and just cupped my cheek with one of his hands, bringing my face close to the point our foreheads were touching. It was some very intense eye contact and I couldn't help but close my eyes due to being flustered.

"You're so cute" Mikey said and kissed me. He then got out of Kakucho's car and made his way into the building. The men in the black suits were right behind him.

"Kakucho, do my lips really say kiss me anytime you want?"

"I don't know what you're trying to get at here, (Y/n)." Kakucho started driving again.

"I mean..." I grabbed my bag and carefully tossed it between the driver seat and passenger seat. It landed perfectly on the floor of the passenger seat. I then unbuckled my seat-belt and crawled between the space, so I could sit up front. I tried my best not to put my whole ass in Kakucho's face as I struggled to get into the seat. "You guys have no problem putting your lips on me." I finally managed to get into the passenger seat. "But I can't really complain because I don't really do much to put up a fight" I thought to myself.

"...why didn't you just get out and come up here to sit when the car was parked?" Kakucho didn't comment about the kissing subject and was more focused on what he just saw me do. "You know you were just released from the hospital and could have injured yourself doing that."

"But I didn't though." I looked at my left thigh and then at my fingers. "Everything's all good."

Kakucho let out another sigh and went back to focusing on driving. "And to answer your question, you don't seem to mind it when they do kiss you."

"That's exactly what I was thinking" I mumbled. "Yeah and the fact I don't think certain individuals would be too happy if I rejected their advances." I reached into my bag thinking I put my phone in there but I didn't. "They might even put me six feet under." I turned to the backseat and grabbed my phone.

"I wouldn't let you get killed over something like that."

"Even if it was Mikey that was trying to kill me?"

"Yes."

I sat there, registering what he just said. "Would it be safe to assume that you might have some sort of feelings for me if you're willing to prevent Mikey, who is your boss by the way, from killing me?" I knew I probably wouldn't get a straight answer from him but I had to try.