Chapter 60 - The Welcomed Visitor & The Unwelcomed One

Over the next couple of days, I had doctors and nurses coming into the room to check on my injuries. My bullet wound was healing nicely as my fingers were slowing starting to cooperate with me little by little. "I really want to see what the stitches look like underneath the bandages." I held up my hands and looked at them, trying to bend the injured ones. "Hey, I can barely flip people off now." I bent my other fingers the best I could while slowly holding my middle fingers up. "Nice." I kept walking down the hall because I wanted to explore the hospital a bit before any of Bonten showed up.

As I was too fascinated by my ability to somewhat bend my fingers, I didn't notice someone behind me. "What are you doing?" they asked.

"Trying to see if my middle fingers work." I turned around to face the person. "So far they..." I looked up to see Kakucho staring at me. "Oh, Kakucho, what are you doing here?" I asked as I put my hands down.

"I could be asking you the same question, (Y/n)."

"Touché sir."

"So would you like to explain why you're not in your room?"

"I had to pee" I lied.

"You chose to use the bathroom on a floor that's nowhere near your room?"

"The one of my floor was crowded" I continued to lie.

"I know you're lying, (Y/n)."

I let out a sigh. "Fine, I just wanted to walk around, that's all."

"Are you sure that's all?"

"Look, I ain't trying no escape attempt anytime soon if that's what you're worried about." I started heading back to my room. "Geez, I can't even walk around the damn hospital without you mofos being in my ass" I mumbled.

Kakucho heard what I said. "You shouldn't even be walking around while still injured."

"Oh? I didn't know that this hospital actually follows regular hospital regulations." I got into the elevator and Kakucho joined me. "You know since this hospital is bossed around by a bunch of criminals and all." I pushed the button for the floor my room was on.

Kakucho could tell I was bothered by something. "Does Koko kissing you while you were sleeping a few nights ago have anything to do with how you're acting right now?"

"Um yeah" I crossed my arms as the thought about that night came to me. All I could remember was that I was in the state where you're half asleep while being half awake at the same time when Koko kissed me. And I could smell the faint scent of the cologne his uses. "Oh and the fact you thought I was going to ran away." I let out a sigh. "I would at least let my thigh heal first and then run."

"(Y/n)" Kakucho warned me.

"It was a joke" I lied. "Oh and make sure Koko doesn't get a chance to visit me while I'm still in the hospital." I watched the elevator doors open. "He's back on thin ice." I walked out of the elevator and straight back to my room.

"I can't really stop him from visiting you, (Y/n)."

"Well best believe I'm going to get ugly the next time I see him."

"Do try to remember that this is still a hospital."

"Yeah, yeah." I now stood in front of my room, reaching for the door handle. Once the handle was in my hand, I felt it move on the other side of the door and somebody walked out. "Yumi?"

"Ms. (Y/n)...(Y/n)!"

I looked back at Kakucho, trying to see if he would tell me why Yumi was here.

"She heard you were in the hospital" Kakucho told me.