Chapter 64 - Oh Naw, T...This Can't Be

Over the next few days, Kakucho got used to sleeping in the same bed as me. He thought when I woke up that following morning on the night he slept in the bed, I would get upset with him. To his surprise I wasn't and I told him he should have been sleeping in the bed since it's his. He did think this was weird. Normally when a man and a woman share a bed, they're at least in some sort of relationship whether that be married, a couple, or even friends with benefits. The two of us didn't fit in neither of those categories.

"I wonder if he's woken up with morning-wood since we've been sleeping in the same bed?" I thought as I sat at the small dining table, sipping on a cup of coffee. This time it actually had a little bit more sugar/creamer than it did last time. "I know Rindou did and he wasn't afraid to let feel it when I would still be asleep in the bed." I was now watching Kakucho walk out of the bedroom, he was fixing his suit. "Well he does wake up before I do, so I wouldn't know." I took another sip from my cup. "More importantly, why is that the first thing I think about?" In the back of my mind, I knew why I asked the question.

"There's going to be a meeting today." Kakucho walked over to the table.

"Okay? And I need to know this why?"

"Because you're coming with me."

"Do I have to?"

"Yes." He walked over to the door and waited for me.

"Does this have anything to do with me being attacked?"

"It does."

I let out a sigh. No more staying here by myself and coming up with plans on escaping. Well I never really followed through with any of those plans to begin with. But still, I didn't really want to be up there in that building with the rest of Bonten. "Guess I'll bring my single earbud." I stood up from the table and went into the bedroom. I threw on a hoodie and put my phone in the pocket. I then walked over to the closet and dug around for a bit, looking for that lone earbud.

A good two minutes later, Kakucho joined me in the room, walking over to his dresser. He opened a drawer and took something out. "I brought you a new pair." He came over to where I was and handed me the case with the new earbuds inside it.

"Huh? You did?" I got up off the floor and took the case from him. I noticed it was the newer version of the old ones. "When?"

"A while ago." He left the room.

"That didn't really answer my question." I pulled my phone out of my hoodie pocket and paired the new earbuds with it. Once that was done, I found my bag and hid it somewhere in the closet. I didn't want to take it with me because I still had my burner phone in there and I don't need any of them seeing it. "At least I get to see Yumi" I thought and left the room, joining Kakucho by the door.

The two of us left his apartment and arrived at Bonten headquarters. We went straight to the floor where the other members are usually and I sat in one of the chairs. I was fully prepared to listen to my music on semi full-blast while playing whatever mobile game caught my attention. "Guess I re-download subway surfers" I said to myself as I opened the app store on my phone. As I was searching for subway surfers, I felt someone tap me on my shoulder. Of course I ignored it.

"I see they released you from the hospital, (Y/n)" Ran said. I didn't say anything and he knew I had my earbuds in. "I guess you got new earbuds." He reached his hand towards my left ear and removed the earbud.

I rolled my eyes. "Don't crush it like that idiot did" I told whoever took the earbud.

"Are you referring to Sanzu?"

"So it's Ran" I thought. "Yes." I turned my head to look at him. "Can I have that back?"

"I'll think about it." Ran put the earbud in his pants pocket. "So, how are you injuries?" He made his way around the chair I was sitting in and stood in front of me.