Chapter 70 - (pending title...)

(Will not lie to you all, I don't have any funny quirky titles for this chapter at the moment. I might come back and update the title once I come up with something)

~~~

Kakucho laid there in the bed just staring at the ceiling. He honestly didn't think the two of us would go beyond kissing one another. He always thought once he fully got his feelings across to me and that the two of us was in some sort of relationship, then maybe we would have done what we did tonight.

"We didn't make love, so I can still show her I'm not going to do or say anything crazy around her like the others did" he thought as he felt me move around a bit. Looking down at me, a small smile appeared on his face. He was about to say something but the sound of his phone vibrating on the bedside table caught his attention. "Huh?" He carefully got out of the bed, making sure not to wake me, and answered his phone. "Yes?"

"We just got word about that friend of (Y/n)'s" Mochi's voice said on the other line. "She should be arriving in Japan two days from now maybe even earlier than that."

"How do you know this?"

"You know we have our ways." Mochi lit up one of his cigars. "So, what should we do? Kill the girl on the spot or..."

Kakucho let out a sigh and left the room. He didn't need me overhearing their conversation. "We're not killing the girl."

"You sure?" Mochi took a puff from his cigar and blew the smoke out. "She could help (Y/n) get away from us."

"That's not possible" Kakucho made his way into the living room. "(Y/n) knows the risk of getting her friend involved in this." Kakucho felt like he was repeating himself about this situation. "Like I told Koko, (Y/n)'s phone is bugged so we would know if she makes any escape attempts with her friend."

"You really trust her, don't you, Kakucho?"

"I'm not saying I trust her."

"Okay." Mochi tapped his cigar ashes in the ashtray in front of him. "But clearly you have some sort of trust in that girl to believe she isn't planning something behind our backs." Mochi took another puff from his cigar. "This is the same girl who went under our radar for two years without even knowing she was our property and managed to give us the slip for six months after we met her at that club a year ago."

"It has been a year since we all met (Y/n) that night, hasn't it?" Kakucho thought to himself. He started remembering all the events that has happened with me and all of Bonten. "I know what she might be capable of, but I doubt she wants more blood on her hands."

"So you're saying she won't do anything because she saw that one chick get killed by Ran and knows for a fact Rindou killed that guy who gave her that apartment?"

"She also knows she's the reason that couple was killed at the first hotel we went to when we were looking for her and that security guard who worked at the Underground."

"But she wasn't the one who killed them. We did."

"She knows that, but she still puts the blame on her."

"There's no way she cared about some couple, a security guard and that girl she got into it with at the meeting we had with Mr. Monroe." Mochi couldn't help but laugh at the memory of Aoi and I fighting each other on the floor of one of the rooms of the building we were in. "She obviously hated that girl, so I'm sure she was glad she got killed."

"Well she wasn't particularly glad or upset about the death of Aoi Kuwa but she still felt guilty."

"I call bullshit on that Kakucho. I know (Y/n) knows for a fact it was Aoi's fault we knew she was at the club that night." He got ready to put his cigar out. "If I was her, I would hate that girl's guts and hope she rots in hell."

Kakucho knew what Mochi was saying was true about how I felt about Aoi, but he was still trying to get his point across to Mochi. "Regardless, (Y/n)'s not going to do something that could end up killing that friend of hers."

Mochi let out a sigh. "Fine, but you do know if anything happens, it's falling back on you?"

"I know."

"And if (Y/n) does escape and Mikey gives us the okay to kill her, would you be able to?"

Kakucho hesitated for a second to reply to that question. He does remember saying he would make sure I wasn't killed by Mikey, but he didn't say anything about him being the one to kill me. "I will."

"Well then, I guess we don't have anything to worry about." Mochi told Kakucho good night even though it was 4 in the morning.

Kakucho stood in the living room staring at his black phone screen. He didn't want to have that sort of conversation right after what him and I just did. But he guess it couldn't be helped. He was still Bonten's number three and he still had a job to do at the end of the day. "Great." He went into the kitchen to get him some water to drink and eventually went back into his bedroom. He wanted to clear his mind of that conversation as he sat on the edge of the bed. "I don't know why I'm questioning this." He looked over his shoulder at me. "I knew something like this would happen whether I let my feelings for you get the better of me or not."

Kakucho finally got into the bed and caressed my cheek. "Please, (Y/n), don't do anything that'll make me be the one to kill you..."