Chapter 66 - The Start Of The End

Inside Kakucho's car, I tried not to let Ran's words get to me. But they were. "I'm not being full of myself to think some of them might feel something for me am I?" I thought. "But then again, I am the only one who thinks they do like me." I made a face. "I mean they still keep me around for crying out loud, so it's not my fault for thinking that!"

"Don't let Ran get to you" Kakucho told me.

I didn't hear him. "Maybe it's because of my weird feelings I have for them that made me think they give two shits about me." I tried to clear my thoughts. "No. They kind of cared when I got kidnapped but maybe I twisted that around in my head."

Kakucho noticed I wasn't listening to him and pulled over. "(Y/n)." Still no reply. "Hey, (Y/n)." This time he placed a hand on my shoulder which made me look at him. "You know Ran is just messing with you."

"But he might be right. I might just be full of myself thinking you guys actually like me."

"I do, but I can't speak for the others."

"Are you sure you like me?"

"I'm sure."

"I don't believe you." I took his hand off my shoulder. "I know you've been taking care of me and maybe that's your way of showing you like me but it's just for show." Cool, great. I like that fucker Ran get to me. "Man, I thought I finally was able to solidify these feelings of mine and..."

Kakucho gently grabbed my chin and brought me into a sweet short kiss. "(Y/n), like I told you, Ran is just messing with you." He stared me in the eyes. "Don't let him get to you."

I just stared at Kakucho wide eyed like a dead fish.

"I don't know why you look surprise." He started driving again. "Didn't we already discuss I have feelings for you, so me kissing you now shouldn't be surprising."

"Yeah but..." I was starting to get flustered. "It's just the way you kiss me...it's so gentle and sweet."

"I guess you're just used to how rough the others are with you."

"Yeah." I mean I do like it rough especially when... Anyways. "Um, so like..." Damn, even though Kakucho helped me stop thinking about how much of ass Ran is, now I can't help but think of Kakucho. "This man's going to start making me giggle and tucked my wig hair behind my ear and shit" I thought as I literally find myself looking at him from the corner of my eyes and tuck some hair behind my ear.

"What?"

"It's nothing."

The car ride back to his apartment was quiet but not that awkward quiet you get when someone tells you they like you and you're like 'okay'. It was just a very pleasant atmosphere except for the occasional me humming/singing Cardi's B part of WAP where she was talking about parking a big Mack in a little garage. It's totally not like I was trying to hint to a certain someone that I would like for him to knock my ankles loose *cough* *cough*.

Like usual, it didn't take long for us to get back to Kakucho's apartment and of course I was still thinking about him."Wait, (Y/n). You keep forgetting your priorities" I thought as I sat down on the couch. "I need to help Yumi get away from these guys" I continued to think as I watched Kakucho go into the kitchen. He looked in the fridge and shook his head.

"I need to go grocery shopping." He left the kitchen and joined me in the living room. "Would you like to come with me or would you rather stay here?"

"Thanks for the offer but" I let out a yawn and laid down on the couch. "I think I'm going to chill right here for now."

"Okay then." Kakucho knew that I was getting tried and fed up with coming with him to meet the others, so he figured I would rather stay here then come with him. But he'll be honest, he was actually hoping I would have agreed. "Now that I think about it, I haven't actually taken her anywhere that wasn't Bonten related since her birthday" he thought as he walked over to the door. He glanced over at me as the memories of that night came back to him. "I wanted to go further than that but I didn't want her to think I'm like the others" he continued to think and shook his head to clear his thoughts. "You want me to get you anything from the store?"