Chapter 48 - Lost

'Walking around looking for a way

But no one tells me which way to go

I'm caught up in a world

A Labyrinth, a maze

Where yes men could easily be known

I ask them no questions

They give me no answers'

I was still laying in the bed after I got up and figured out how make the Youtube app on the hotel tv repeat a song. I had no intention on trying to get back up or even try to leave the hotel, even though I knew one of them would eventually come and find me. At this point right now, I didn't care. I don't even know why I bother to try to make a run for.

I think I'm losing it

I might be losing it

I must might just lose

Am I losing my mind?

And I'm so confused I don't know what to do

And I need a clue before I run out of time

Am I losing it?

Am I losing it?

I think I'm losing my mind

"What was the point?" I asked myself as I stared at the ceiling. I blinked a few times and just listened to the song play in the background. "Is survival a must and that why I took the opportunity to run?" I laid there and moved my arms a bit, still listening to the song. "And Gorilla Zoe is right, if they want me, best believe they will find me."

I remained in that hotel bed, starfish position, for who knows how long. I just couldn't help but think about how Satori was quick to flip the switch on me. Because of that, it made me start to question on how Sumiko would react if she were to find out I was involved with Bonten. "Would she really be my ride or die? Or would she keep her distance from me and act like she doesn't even know me?"

It pained me to question my friendship with Sumiko but the thing with Satori really opened my eyes. Let's be real here, I've been lying to Sumiko about what's really going on in my life for a long ass time now. For an example, I never told her that those men I danced for months ago was Bonten and they were interested in me. I then proceeded to lie about the reason why I stopped working at the Underground for six months and when Bonten did manage to get their hands on me, I lied about that as well. "Damn! I really am a terrible person, aren't I?" I turned over in the bed. "But I only lied in order to protect her and Satori." I felt like crying now and so I did. I curled myself up into a ball and cried.