Chapter 43 - I Make A Call, I Make A Call In This...

~~~

It was Wednesday evening and I was bored out of my mind. I was still alone in Rindou's apartment, still not knowing when he was going to comeback. Without really knowing this info, I gave up on several different escape attempts. A good portion of those were put on the back burner because I would constantly run into Satori outside the apartment complex. At that point, I was sure that Rindou had paid Satori to watch over me or Satori put a tracking device on me so he would know when I was trying to leave.

"Ugh!" I plopped myself  down on the couch and immediately heard my phone start to ring. "I really hope it's someone trying to contact me about my car's extended warranty." I reached over to the other side of the couch and grabbed my phone, looking at the name that popped up on the screen. "Fuck!" It was Satori calling me and I just politely switch my phone to silent mode. "I never did change my number but the circumstances I'm currently under don't permit that." I put my phone back on the couch and pushed it away with my pointer finger. "Also I was taken away from his apartment, not me willingly leaving the place." I got back up and went into Rindou's room. "And I'm pretty sure I can't just change my phone number without Bonten knowing."

Inside Rindou's room, I found where I was hiding my flip phone and sat on his bed. "You know, this might actually be the best time to try and call Sumiko." I opened the phone and went to go dial her number. "Wait, I don't know her number by heart." I let out an annoyed sigh and got up from the bed, going back into the living room. I stared at my main phone and could hear it vibrate on the couch. "I might need to temporarily block his number." I picked my phone up again and looked for Sumiko's number. Once I found it, I got ready to dial it on the burner phone. "Wait a minute." I looked to my left and then to my right. "Hmm." I walked over to a corner in the living room and stared up. "My spidey senses tell me I shouldn't try to talk to her here in the living room." I backed away from the corner and went into the bathroom. "Better." I sat on the toilet seat lid and called Sumiko.

"Hello?" I heard her ask and I almost felt like crying.

"Sumi, it's me."

"(Y/n)? Did you finally change your number after leaving Satori's apartment?"

"Umm, something like that" I lied. "I just went ahead and got another phone."

"So I need to start using this number from now on?"

"Not really, you can still use my old number." You know this isn't what I wanted to talk to her about.

"Then what was the point of buying another phone then?"

"I had the spare cash. Anyways, that's not what I called you about." I paused for a moment.

"What's wrong?"

"I've just been through a lot of shit and it's hard to explain."

"You know you can tell me anything, right?"

"I know but I don't want to interrupt your vacation with my problems."

"Girl, don't you remember that Kevin Hart saying about best friends. Your bullshit is my bullshit and my bullshit is your bullshit."

"I think it was the opposite way" I laughed.

"Shut up, you know what I was trying to say" she laughed as well.