Chapter 61 - Selfish

Sanzu stayed in my room for awhile and I tried my best to pretend he wasn't there. I even went ahead and ate the rest of the food Yumi brought me before it got colder than it already was. "So what made you decide you wanted to come and check on me now?" I asked out of nowhere.

"I had nothing better to do." He was sitting in the chair next to my bed.

"Hmm." I got up from the bed and threw away my trash. "Or could it be that I, (Y/n), the love of your life could have possibly died and you just had to see me before it was too late" I said sarcastically as I got back into the bed.

"Something like that." I quickly turned my head to look at him and he grinned at me. "Just kidding."

"I should have known." I reached over to the dresser to grab my phone. "It's not like any of you are actually capable of feeling love in the first place." I unlocked the screen and replied to a text Yumi sent me. "So I'm not even going to take what you said about feeling something for me earlier serious." I was now scrolling through Youtube videos. "It was probably your dick feeling something instead of your heart."

"Well you're somewhat right about that."

"Oh really?" I looked back at him. "It's the dick part, right?" Sanzu didn't say anything right away. "Right?"

Sanzu stood up. "Who knows." He walked over to the door.

"What do you mean who knows?" I was still looking at him. "You know since it's your feelings, dummy." Sanzu laughed and left the room. "What the hell was that about?"

Outside my room, Sanzu headed back down towards the main lobby of the hospital. "So she doesn't think I'm serious, huh?" he asked himself as he got into the elevator. "Hell, I might be and I might not be." He waited for the elevator doors to open.

In truth he really didn't know himself. He fully believes it was just Takeomi's words fucking with him that day and made him think he might have some sort of feelings for me. He also thought it could have been the drugs he took that day but surprisingly he didn't take any. So the words coming from his mouth might have held some truth behind them. Then again, he says and does a lot of shit without thinking or caring who it might hurt in the end.

"I probably wouldn't miss her if Mikey ended up killing her" he said to himself as he left the elevator. "There's plenty of bitches out there and I'm sure there's at least a couple of them who act like (Y/n)." He walked over to the front entrance of the hospital. "But they wouldn't look like her or talk like her." He stopped himself from walking out of the door. "Fuck!" he cursed. "Now I'm thinking about unnecessary shit."

"Haruchiyo?"

Sanzu turned around and saw Mikey. "Mikey?"

"What are you doing here?" Mikey asked him.

"I came to see (Y/n)."

"I see."

"I take it you came to see her too?" Sanzu asked him.

"Yeah."

The conversation between the two seemed very dry, but that's just how it is most of the time. There will be days Mikey has a lot to say and then there are days where he will literally say about a total of three sentences and that's all.

"Well, I'm going to see if those good for nothing Haitani brothers found anything about who killed those two cleaners."

"Okay."

Sanzu left the hospital and Mikey made his way to my room. "I thought she would be asleep but I guess not" Mikey thought as he exited the elevator and walked down the hall. A few of the nurses that were working stopped what they were doing and bowed their heads as he walked by them. They didn't dare to utter a single word to him in case he was in a foul mood.