Chapter 49 - Lost and Found?

Kakucho had now arrived to the fourth hotel that was in the area. He had hope this would be the one where he would find me because he was getting tried of driving around looking into different hotels. "She might be here." He got out of his car and made his way into the hotel building. Just like he did at the previous hotels, he went up to the receptionist desk and asked to see who all had checked in recently.

"He's one of those Bonten men, isn't he?" a woman whispered to another one as she stared at Kakucho.

"Shh, keep your voice down. We don't want to get on his bad side" said the other woman. "They have the power to make anyone they don't like disappear."

"I know. My daughter that used to work at one of those strip clubs told me two of her coworkers disappeared after they visited Bonten in a private room one night."

"Really? Those poor girls."

"Don't feel sorry for them. They decided they wanted to expose their bodies to a bunch of men for money." The woman made a face. "Disgusting."

The other woman couldn't help but laugh. "You're only saying that because your husband left you and your daughter for one of those girls."

"Ah! How dare you bring that up?!"

Kakucho shook his head as he could clearly hear the two women in the background. "It almost sounds like they're talking about (Y/n) and Aoi Kuwa" he thought as he went back to talking to the receptionist. "So has anyone checked in recently?"

"These are the ones we have, sir." The man turned the computer monitor towards Kakucho. "The most recent one is from two hours ago." The man turned the monitor back towards him. "I think it was a woman by the name Juicy Pebbles?" The man squinted his eyes. "What in the world kind of name is that?" To be honest the man didn't really bother to pay attention to any of the details the woman gave him and just took her money.

"I'm pretty sure that's (Y/n)" Kakucho thought. "What room number is that woman in?"

"Room number 626." The man didn't question Kakucho about why he wanted this information. He knew who Kakucho was and knew that none of this was his business.

"Thank you." Kakucho walked over to the elevator and got in. "I see she still tried using a fake name when renting a room here." Kakucho leaned against the back of the elevator wall with his arms crossed. "She might try escaping by the time I get to her room." He let out a sigh. "I might need to drop my nice guy act so she knows this is serious." He uncrossed his arms when the elevator came to a stop on the floor I was suppose to be on. He watched the elevator doors open and walked out, heading towards room number 626.

As Kakucho made his way to the room, he could hear faint sounds coming from inside the room. "Is she playing music?" He stood by the door and listened. "Did she leave music playing in order to pretend she was still in the room?" he thought. He then shook his head. He was starting to give me too much credit, but then again, I could have easily fooled him with something like this. "It doesn't matter." Kakucho knocked on the door, waiting for a response. "No response." He looked at the door handle and grabbed it. "It's unlocked?" He slowly opened the door.

To Kakucho's surprise, I was actually still in the room. "(Y/n)." He stared at my body that was still laying in starfish position on the bed as he closed the door behind him.

"What?" I still had my eyes close.

Kakucho looked around the room and found the source of where the music was coming from. "You're still here." He turned the tv off pushing the button that was behind it.

"Yeah."

"How come?"

I moved around a bit, making sure my body didn't fall asleep. "I couldn't be bother to make any effort to leave this place." Still with my eyes closed, I pointed at the door. "You saw how I didn't lock the door because I knew one of you would show up eventually."