Miranda Warren Frisk

I, Reynard Todd, narrate, "The detectives created a ruse, inviting Miranda to come in and advise them on a case involving stolen art knowing they were dealing with one of their own, they rehearsed and prepared for the interview more than anything they had done before. Their plan of attack was to keep the conversation as casual as possible for as long as possible and carefully waited for the key moments to initiate the confrontation."

Inside the interrogation room

Officer Clyde Joyner, a male Doberman Pinscher with dark brown and light brown fur, and hazel eyes, wearing his police uniform says, "I don't want to talk about this in the squadron because I don't know who people are listening and if we go to my site, everybody's always wondering what everybody else is doing."

Officer Miranda Warren Frisk, a female pig with green eyes, wearing a blue sweater responds, "No problem."

Outside the interrogation room

I continue to narrate, "The first thing the detectives do is set up a compatible tone with a suspect, she has just stepped foot inside an interrogation room and the detectives negate the negative implications of such an environment through a friendly disposition. Consultative meetings such as seeking advice over an art theft can take place anywhere and the last place detectives would choose to spend more time in would be an interrogation room. The reason they give the suspect for meeting in such an unusual location is to not spread rumors or innuendo, yet the real reason is that all firearms have to be checked in before entering the area and they needed the suspect to give up her gun without alerting suspicion."

Inside the interrogation room

Officer Joyner says, "But uh, like we're talking about being busy but we've been assigned a case that we've been looking at."

"Okay," Officer Frisk responds.

"It's a new case and reviewing the case, there's some notes to see, as far as your name being mentioned," Officer Joyner continues.

"Oh okay," Officer Frisk responds.

"Do you know John Sparkin?" Officer Joyner asks

Outside the interrogation room

I narrate, "Try and imagine for one moment that you savagely murdered a love rival in a jealous rage. Over two decades had passed since the act, then all of a sudden you're brought to an interrogation room and sat directly opposite two senior investigators who bring up the name of the man you committed first degree homicide for."

Inside the interrogation room

Officer Frisk asks, "John...John Spartan?"

Officer Joyner corrects himself, "Spartan."

Outside the interrogation room

I narrate, "The investigators already knew how to say John Spartan's name correctly. The mispronunciation was a simple strategy to see how the suspect would react. Setting aside the element of the murder, John Spartan was the second longest relationship in Miranda's life and psychologist Dr. Hopkins later stated that this pause was four times as long as it should have been. She was already being deceptive by acting as if she hadn't thought about that name for so long, giving reason for her prolonged reflection. When in reality, the name John Spartan was engraved in her memory and even when slightly mispronounced, it would have most likely taken milliseconds for her to realize exactly who the detectives were referring to."

Inside the interrogation room

Officer Frisk answers, "Oh yeah, I went to school with him."