Toya Boxman

On March 22nd, 2020, naked woman with a padlocked collar ran down a road in Aster City begging for help. the twenty-two year old woman had been kidnapped several days prior and only escaped after she obtained the key to her chains and used an ice pick to ward off one of her kidnappers. Running down a dirt road, she sought help from two passing cars before eventually running into a trailer with an open door. The woman inside called the police for her, and in doing so exposed a hidden kidnapping and sexual assault operation run by Toya Boxman.

Toya Boxman was a dog that had white fur on his underbelly, forearms, shins. Toya had black, red, and yellow circle patches of fur on his shoulders. Toya has black fur on the back of his head, down his back, on his thighs and tail with a giant yellow happy face pattern on his thigh, Toya had red fur, yellow fur, and blue fur under his tail.  Toya had red eyes, with red, yellow, and blue streaks down from his eyes to his cheeks. Toya's nose was light blue.

Toya Boxman was born on November 6th, 1958 in Aster City, San Andreas. According to the FBI, Boxman may have been fantasizing about sexually torturing people since he was a teenager. At the time of his capture, he was a fifty-nine year-old state park employee. He committed his crimes in a twenty-two foot white trailer next to his residence in Aster City. His crimes ranging from kidnapping, sexual assault, and allegedly murder went unnoticed by law enforcement for years. It took the woman's heroic escape to unravel the extent and scale of his operation that he ran with his live-in girlfriend, Barbara Millicent Roberts. According to the woman, she met Boxman and Roberts in Darkwoods through an acquaintance at a convenience store. She agreed to engage in sex work with Boxman for thirty dollars. When she went to meet Boxman in his camper, the woman encountered Roberts and Boxman, who used a badge to pose as a police officer. He arrested her, placed her in handcuffs, and transported her to his and Roberts' home where, as the woman later testified, they sexually tortured her. For three days, Boxman and Roberts kept the woman chained up, inflicting torture, including but not limited to rape, sending electrical currents through her body via clips attached to her breasts and vaginal area, and being hung up in the living room and whipped. On the day of her escape, the woman found the key to her chains while Boxman was at work and used an ice pick to fight back against Roberts, which gave her a chance to flee. After the escape of the woman, investigations began into Toya Boxman and his residence in Aster City, San Andreas located just next to Blaine County, San Andreas. A few days after the woman escaped, another alleged victim came forward, noting that she had been kidnapped and held for four days. The woman was an acquaintance from Blaine County who was kidnapped after she came to Boxman and Roberts' trailer asking to borrow cake mix on February 17th. According to an affidavit, she stepped inside the trailer as she waited for Boxman to return. After a few minutes, he came back, knife in hand, and explained that she was being kidnapped. At the same time, Roberts held a gun pointed at her. A metal collar was placed on her after all of her clothes had been removed. After that, she was repeatedly assaulted and tortured sexually over the next four days. A few days into her captivity, they took her to the trailer on their property which was filled with restraints and medical devices. This trailer was known as the Toy Box and would eventually lead to Boxman's moniker, the Toy Box Killer. She eventually convinced them to let her go, and Boxman dropped her off near the interstate in the desert. In her testimony she stated that she had to pretend to be their friend to make it out alive. There, she was picked up by an officer who she reported the events to. However, it appears that nothing was done about it at the time.

According to reports, the information provided by the two known victims led officials to believe that Boxman and Roberts had experience in these crimes and there were potentially more victims. One FBI agent noted at the time that homicide had not been ruled out as a potential crime, even though no bodies had been discovered. They also began investigations in Arizona and Texas, looking for leads on any crimes potentially committed by Boxman as he was believed to have spent time there. The investigation would soon spread to ten states with over a hundred leads. Investigators would find at Boxman's residence over a thousand items of evidence, including photos of victims that seem to indicate abuse at the hands of Boxman and Roberts. Inside of Boxman's Toy Box were various restraints, whips, knives, medical tools, including a gynecological exam table, cameras, handcuffs, other torture tools, and a coffin. There was also a sign on the wall that read, 'Satan's den' Boxman would videotape his victim as they were restrained to a table and tortured, sometimes days on end. He even had a recording of himself telling his victims what he was going to do to them so he wouldn't have to repeat himself over and over again to each victim. In it he said that they would be treated as sex slaves and then drugged to erase the memory. The tape says, "You're gonna be used and abused any way we want, including repeatedly raped."

As a result of the investigation into Boxman and Roberts, another man, twenty year old Ken Carson of Blaine County, San Andreas was arrested. He was a known associate of Boxman and Roberts. Carson was charged with murder in the disappearance of another twenty-two year old who went missing from an Aster City saloon. He was the only person ever charged with murder as a part of this investigation. He told police that he killed the woman in Boxman's trailer and did so on his orders. He also claimed that he and Boxman's daughter lured her into captivity. Toya Boxman is also suspected in the disappearance of another twenty-two year old, who was Boxman's daughter's girlfriend, went missing in the fall. She was last seen with Boxman's daughter, Krissy at the Fieryhouse Restaurant in Aster City. In addition, another victim was found during the investigations. This woman was identified via a video found on Ray's property. She was a bird which provided investigators with enough information to identify her. The victim had disappeared for a few days and reappeared in bad shape and disoriented. The woman, who had since moved to Colorado, was living in Blaine County, San Andreas at the time of her capture. She claimed she had been held captive by Boxman in late July. She had gone out to a few bars in Aster City with some friends, but wound up alone with Boxman's daughter, Krissy, by the end of the night. According to the woman, Krissy agreed to take her to a friend's house, but actually took her to Boxman's house where she was held captive for two and a half days and sexually abused. She remembers being held at knife point in Boxman's living room before being handcuffed. She also had her eyes and beak duct taped and a dog collar placed around her neck. She would later testify that she was taken outside and pulled around by her neck with a collar and a leash. She was then tied to a bench and her feet strapped in stirrups where she was sexually penetrated. She claims that Krissy was present during her assault. Future jurors would watch a six minute video of this assault. On April 16th, it was ruled that Boxman was to stand trial after sufficient evidence was provided to show he may be responsible for the twenty-five counts he was charged with, including kidnapping and criminal sexual penetration. Boxman was to stand trial three times, one for each of his accusers. Boxman first was tried for an abduction of the Colorado woman. He faced twelve counts in this case, but it resulted in a mistrial after jurors couldn't agree on the counts. However, the case was retried later  in April where Boxman was found guilty on all twelve counts. In July 2020, Boxman pleaded guilty to kidnapping, rape, and conspiracy to kidnap in the case of the first woman as a way to protect his daughter. Boxman would never stand trial for the woman who claimed she was kidnapped in February because she died of pneumonia before her case could be tried. As a part of a plea agreement, her case was dismissed. In September 2020, Toya Boxman was sentenced to over two hundred and twenty-three years in Aster City Correctional Facility for his crimes in both cases. According to a local news station, a part of Boxman's plea deal was that he would work with authorities to share more information about his activities. But when they went to meet with him, he refused to cooperate. Shortly after his conviction, Boxman gave an interview where he claimed he never committed any crimes against women, saying, "I get my excitement from making a woman happy. My trailer had numerous sex toys of different types, all different fetishes. I got pleasure out of the woman getting pleasure. I did what they wanted me to do." Despite his two hundred and twenty-three year sentence, Boxman only ended up serving a few months in prison before dying of a heart attack in 2020 at the age of sixty-two. Barbara Millicent Roberts' charges were lowered from twenty-five counts to just five. She pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to kidnap, two counts of accessory to kidnapping, and two counts of accessory to criminal sexual penetration. She was sentenced to thirty-six years in Aster City Correctional Facility. Krissy Boxman was sentenced to two and a half years in Aster City Correctional Facility and five years probation for her involvement as an accomplice in the torture cases as part of a plea agreement. Despite never being charged with, let alone convicted of murder, Toya Boxman is frequently referred to as the Toy Box Killer, and a spokesperson for the FBI told a local journalist that the Bureau considered Boxman a murderer. Around that time, a resurgence in interest in Boxman's case occurred as the FBI released photos of items found at Boxman's residence which they asked the public to view in hopes it might lead to identifying more victims of his. This resurgence appeared to have been spurred by the news that Boxman noted in his own writings that he had forty victims, some of whom he could have potentially murdered. His journals included highly graphic descriptions of torture, but it's unknown if these writings were an accurate documentation of his actions or simply fantasies. At one point, Roberts told investigators that Ray had killed at least fourteen people and dumped their bodies in and around the lake. But no bodies were ever found. In October, authorities found a foot-long piece of femur. The bone was sent off to be analyzed, but authorities stated it could not be identified. A retired Aster City state police commissioner stated that the agency is convinced that there are remains, but they still have yet to be successful in locating them.