657 Eclipse Boulevard

657 Eclipse Boulevard was a dream come true for the Dumas Family of five. The father Daquan came from a humble background as he grew up in a working class family but with hard work, he had moved his way up the ladder and eventually became a senior vice president at an insurance company. His tireless work ethic allowed Daquan to afford the spacious six-bedroom 1.3 million dollar home. His wife Remington actually grew up in Aster City, more precisely, just a few blocks from their new home, which was one of the biggest reasons the Dumas were so excited they had closed on this exact property. The town is also known for being one of the safest areas to live in the whole United States. Sounds like a perfect place to raise your kids, right? Well maybe if your family lives anywhere else in the area rather than at 657 Eclipse Boulevard. Something that Daquan and Remington learned very very quickly in June of 2014 when they received a strange letter. It was merely three days after purchasing the house that they started the renovations they had been planning to make there. When Daquan checked the mail and discovered a small, card-sized envelope addressed in thick handwriting to quote 'The new owner', the first lines of the letter inside began as follows.

'Dearest new neighbor at 657 Eclipse Boulevard, allow me to welcome you to the neighborhood. 

657 Eclipse Boulevard has been the subject of my family for decades now and as it approaches its 110th birthday, I have been put in charge of watching and waiting for its second coming. My grandfather watched the house in the 1920s and my father watched it in the 1960s. It is now my time. Do you know the history of the house? Do you know what lies within the walls of 657 Eclipse Boulevard? Why are you here? I will find out.

You have children. I have seen them. Do you need to fill the house with the young blood I requested? Better for me. Was your old house too small for the growing family? Or was it greed to bring me your children? Once I know their names I will call to them and draw them to me.'

Needless to say whoever the author of the letter was, they had just crossed the line. The first part could have maybe been brushed off as a twisted joke but as soon as someone mentions luring in children, things get rather serious. Understandably disturbed, Daquan called the Aster City police but they proved to be of no help as there wasn't much for them to work with, certainly nothing to lead to an arrest. In today's world we're also used to communicating electronically, no matter if it's through email, text messages, or social media interactions. Handwriting is something of a dying art. When we type a message to someone on a keyboard or a touch screen, a digital footprint that authorities can follow often remains. However things get a little more complicated when the message is delivered the old-fashioned way. In regards to the disturbing letter, the Dumas family had received, there was no return address on the envelope but in the conclusion of the letter the writer gave themselves a nickname. The only clue to who they could have possibly been.

'Who am I? There are hundreds and hundreds of cars that drive by 657 Eclipse Boulevard each day. Maybe I am in one. Look at all the windows you can see from 657 Eclipse Boulevard, maybe I am in one. Look out any of the many windows in 657 Eclipse Boulevard that all the people who stroll by each day. Maybe I am one. Welcome my friends. Welcome. Let the party begin. - The Watcher'

Daquan of course did not intend to take part in whatever sick games The Watcher had in mind for his family, so after contacting the police, he and Remington wrote an email to John and Peaches Mancini, the couple who had sold them the house. The Dumas wanted to know if the previous owners had any idea who The Watcher might be. Not just because the Mancini had lived at 657 Eclipse Boulevard for twenty-three years but because the anonymous author of the worrying letters had written something strange, well something else strange, and it concerned John and Peaches Mancini directly.