The Frog Boys

"On November 3rd, 1992, five young frog boys from Little Seoul, San Andreas wanted to have a bit of fun. It was a national holiday on account of the democratic elections. So with school council, they went out to search for salamander eggs in the streams of Mount Josiah. One of the boys briefly returned home to grab a thicker jacket then ran off telling his mother that he was going back outside. This was the last time any of the boys ages nine through thirteen would ever be seen alive. When the boys didn't return home, their parents got worried and contacted the police. The police weren't at all interested, saying they were probably just out playing late. Everything in the country had been consumed by the elections and missing children were not being seen as a priority. Strange thing not to bring a priority there. It took almost a week for the police to take any action at which point they referred to the children as runaways, much to the ire of the parents. While it had taken far too long for anyone to take the missing children seriously, it quickly became a national story. An early TV reported the missing boys as frogs and thus they became known as The Frog Boys. With the United States media now focused on the story, President Bill Clinton sent three hundred thousand police and military troops to search for the missing children and the search was broadcast on live TV. Luckily for the viewers, but unfortunately for the parents, no one was found. Because they were searching for salamander eggs, it was believed that they have to have been by the streams of Mount Josiah. The mountain was searched over five hundred times, the fathers of the children quit their jobs to dedicate themselves full time to searching for the children but to no avail. After three years of searching, they finally returned to work because of financial troubles. There was a lot of speculation of foul playing, there were plenty of conspiracies, the area they were hunting for eggs was near a military base with the shooting range just a few hundred meters up the mountain from a pond, well within the effective range of an m16 rifle. There had been unofficial reports of a gunshot followed by a scream the day The Frog Boys went missing, but this was largely dismissed because well, reasons. Eleven years after the disappearance, two hikers were collecting acorns on a trail on Mount Josiah when they spotted old clothes among the rocks followed by the boy's remains. The sleeves of one of the boys shirts was tied together and when the knot was undone a collection of both unused bullets and empty casings fell out. The police came and dug up the bones, something they were in no way qualified to do. By the time a forensics expert arrived, he found an absurd situation, the police had spent upwards of three hours destroying the scene due to not being trained to handle something like this and not realizing they should wait for someone who knew what they were doing. The next day, the police chief declared hypothermia to be the most likely cause of death. It hadn't been cold. The boys were in an area they knew extremely well. And even if it had suddenly become cold, rainy, and windy, it was only a short distance run back to their houses. No one believed this story and further investigation showed trauma to three of the skulls, possibly from a blunt metal object. The only piece of this case that has been solved is that it's now known to be a hundred percent murder, not simply boys who ran away and succumbed to the elements. Who the culprit is and the motivation remains a mystery. By the time the bodies were found, there was nothing left but bones and they had to be identified by their clothes and dental braces. The parents took the ashes of all five boys to the Aster City River, releasing them to float out into the ocean. One of the fathers remarked, 'They died together so we wanted them to play together in the afterlife.'"