Vinewood Ripper

"Beginning in Illinois and ending in Aster City, four women were attacked, three of which died of their injuries. Authorities believe it was the same man behind the stabbings. The first trial drew national media attention, in part because actor Ace Jones testified in court."

"This is the Vinewood Ripper case explained."

Reynard picks up a case file titled [Trisha Rose]

"Prosecutors allege Michael Weber's first known victim was Trisha Rose. In August of 1993, the eighteen year old was found on the steps of their home in Glenview, Illinois. She was stabbed multiple times. In 2003, DNA found under Rose's fingernails allegedly matched Weber's however the county state attorney said at a 2011 news conference the DNA was not enough evidence to charge Weber because it could have been from casual contact. He was seventeen at the time of the stabbing and reportedly friends with Trisha's brother. At the 2011 press conference, the attorney's office announced they filed a first degree murder charge in Rose's case after two witnesses came forward. According to an arrest warrant in the case, two witnesses allegedly told authorities Weber admitted to killing a girl near Chicago years later while working in Aster City. Weber is still awaiting trial for Rose's murder, he has denied any involvement in her death. At trial for cases in San Andreas, defense attorneys for Weber did not deny he attacked Michelle Moore who survived. His defense called a psychologist to the stand who said in court Weber has dissociative personality disorder. According to his attorneys, the disorder caused him to not recall his actions in attacking Moore and that he wasn't in his right mind during the attack. Weber's attorneys denied he carried out the attacks of two other women who were killed. Ashley Harper and Maria Estrella Duarte."

Reynard picks up a case file titled [Ashley Harper]

"Harper was twenty-two years old and a fashion student. In February 2001, Harper was murdered in her home. She was stabbed forty-seven times and nearly decapitated. On the night she was killed, Harper was supposed to go out with Ace Jones. The actor testified at trial saying he was several hours late and there was no answer at the door. He said he looked through a window but left. At trial he said he notified detectives and told them his fingerprints were on the door after he learned what happened. Wolfe alleged Weber offered to fix a tire for Harper and began coming to her house uninvited."

Reynard takes out a photo of Ashley Harper from the case file. Ashley Harper is a female vixen that has white hair, light and dark brown ears, with green eyes behind gold glasses.

Reynard picks up a case file titled [Maria Estrella]

"In December 2005, the thirty-two year old mother of four was found stabbed to death in her Kanine City apartment. Estrella and her husband had separated. In a 911 call to a dispatcher, he said he found her in a pool of blood and her body mutilated. Weber was Estrella's neighbor and lived within the same apartment complex. Prosecutors said in court, investigators were able to match DNA on a blue boot cover found outside the apartment to Estrella and Weber."

Reynard picks up a case file titled [Michelle Moore]

"In April 2008, Michelle Moore awoke to a man stabbing her in bed. Moore testified at trial she struggled with the attacker who slipped through her bedroom window after cutting the screen. She was stabbed multiple times but was able to kick the attacker onto the floor and they later fled through the front door. Prosecutors alleged DNA evidence and details of the attacks linked Weber to all three crimes, according to a news release from the Aster City district attorney's office. Weber, who worked as an air conditioning repairman, was convicted of killing Ashley Harper and Maria Estrella, as well as attempting to kill Michelle Moore in August 2019. Prosecutors referred to him as The Boy Next Door Killer since he lived near all the women at the time they were killed. An Aster City jury recommended the death penalty for Weber. A defense attorney for Weber said outside of court, 'You don't kill people that are mentally ill. It's just a matter of humanity. There's a different kind of punishment for the mentally ill. It's called life without parole.'"

"Weber was initially scheduled to be sentenced on February 28th but it was delayed after his defense team filed a motion for a new trial, claiming the prosecution failed to provide information about the credibility of a detective who testified. Weber is still yet to be tried for Rose's murder in Illinois."