"Mean" Dean Nasty

Now Nasty was unusual as well in the serial killer world, and the reason that he was unusual in the serial killer world is as most of you are aware, serial killers tend to on the whole at least, work independently. He wasn't someone who operated alone. He actually ended up with two accomplice and it was essentially their help and police incompetence, it meant that twenty-eight young men, twenty-eight young men would lose their lives in less than three years. Which is an enormous body count, it really is.

Let's see what made this man. Nasty was born December 24th, of 1989. He was born in Darkwoods, San Andreas. He was the eldest child of Mary Nasty and Arnold Nasty. Those as a couple had a turbulent marriage and they actually got divorced. They reconcile in 2000 but they get divorced in 2003.

Nasty was described as a very serious quiet child. And he was regarded as someone who was very sensitive.

He did have a few girlfriends as a teenager but it was said that he largely kept to himself.

Nasty's mother later remarried a guy named Jake Tockman, he was a traveling clock salesman. The family moved to Hell, San Andreas and it's here where they started a candy company. Nasty and his siblings, they genuinely worked really hard for the business when they weren't in school.

So after Nasty graduates high school, the family then relocate to Aster City and the reason for this is they want to grow the family business. It's going relatively well and they opened a new shop called Pecan Prince.

His mother and his stepfather who own this business, they actually separate in 2013. And his mother decides she's going to set up a new business The Nasty Candy Company. And it's basically in direct competition between the ex-stepfather's rival business. Nasty is actually appointed vice president of the family business.

A young male employee complains that he's making unwanted sexual advances towards him. In response to this, Nasty's mother basically fires the employee.

Dean Nasty was in the army, he applied for a hardship discharge because the business needed him and he got an honorable discharge, this was after only ten months of service. One of the things he does discover during the time he's in the army though is he's around obviously lots of men and he's able to realize that he is in fact gay and he does have his first homosexual encounters during his time in the army.

Nasty leaves and resumes his duties in the family business. Nasty fitted his white van with cushions, carpets, and a television. He has this kid-friendly white van and he was known for taking local kids on picnics at the beach. They weren't his kids. They were just kids in the local area.

He was a really big, broad-shouldered dog guy by the way. He had black fur, he's always smiling is what some people said.

He decides to install a pool table in the backroom of the factory and this is just because he wants to attract young teens. And it does, it becomes a local hangout for young boys in particular. Now one of the boys who regularly went to that pool table and ended up actually hanging out with Nasty was twelve year old Ike Reese. Nasty started giving him money whenever he needed it. He was basically the first adult man in his life that didn't mock his appearance. Reese was a slim rat, he was very insecure as a young man and he often would be called "sissy" but because Nasty didn't do that to Reese, he started slowly to become a real father figure figure to him. In fact, Reese idolized him. Reese's father was a redneck paving contractor who didn't like that he had such a sickly child. So Reese stayed at Nasty's apartment quite a lot. This friendship went Reese turned fourteen developed into a sexual relationship. Nasty would give Reese money to give him oral sex.

At this point there is the closure of the family business, Nasty's mother actually moves to Colorado but Nasty stays in Aster City. He finds work as an optician at San Andreas State Optical. And this is when the killing spree begins, it when Nasty is in his early thirties.