Never Too Old To Kill: Bumpkin and Pumpkin Connor

Bumpkin Connor, an Irish Wolfhound, with dark brown fur and a white tuft of fur in the shape of a large heart on his chest, and blue eyes.

Pumpkin Connor, a Basenji, orange fur with white fur from the lower part of her face, down her chest, to her arms, and grey eyes.

"Is there a particular age at which someone has the inner drive to kill others begins to murder others? I believe there is no clearly definable answer here. Although investigation statistics do provide us with some important insight. In the United States of America, studies show that the majority of serial killers and mass murderers begin their crime sprees while in their late twenties and early thirties. Bumpkin Connor and Pumpkin Connor are exceptions to such a study, however. Bumpkin Connor and Pumpkin Connor became the oldest ever couple to be sentenced to death in the United States in the early 1990's. Bumpkin was born in Oklahoma on December 30th, 1914 and he was seventy-six years old when he was convicted of killing five innocent people. Pumpkin on the other hand was born in Arkansas on August 4th, 1921, which made her sixty-one at the time of her trial. Bumpkin Connor grew up during the Great Depression. The Connor family like many others fought for their survival and done anything they could for each other to provide for themselves during the economic fallout. When Bumpkin became a young man, he made a decision to turn to a life of petty crime in an effort to draw up some extra finances. Bumpkin Connor began committing theft and also got himself involved in counterfeiting. Bumpkin was also found to have stolen on several occasions from other local farmers. Bumpkin's initial stint as a criminal didn't last too long and the police eventually caught up to him. When Bumpkin was arrested on criminal charges, he ended up spending a year in jail before being released in 1940. When Bumpkin got out of prison, he met his future wife Pumpkin Wicklow. The young couple hit it off from the beginning and they got married shortly after meeting one another. Bumpkin and Pumpkin had children together but struggled to settle down because of Bumpkin's criminal background and reputation among local residents. Bumpkin continued to commit crimes and moved his family around quite a lot to different homes in different areas. Bumpkin did not manage to stay out of trouble with law enforcement for long and soon found himself behind bars yet again. When Bumpkin got released again this time from prison, he decided to come up with a new way of making money illegally. Bumpkin wanted to commit crimes that rewarded him financially but kept him out of the spotlight with police. In the beginning, Bumpkin's new business venture did not work because of his background. Bumpkin's reputation preceded him. Bumpkin Connor then found a way to work around this problem. Bumpkin started to seek out and employ people from the streets who were drifters. Bumpkin gave these people work on his farm land in Mooresville, Missouri. One of the primary tasks of Bumpkin's new employees was to visit the local markets and buy on Bumpkin's behalf. However, Bumpkin's new employees were given bad checks that would eventually bounce when they were buying at the markets. In the beginning, the scam worked. Bumpkin got a hundred percent profit while his drifting farmhand employees moved on to another state or area of the United States of America. Bumpkin Connor thought he'd come up with a sustainable way of making free money for the foreseeable future but the police eventually caught up with him again. Bumpkin Connor now found himself in a jail cell and behind bars once again. And this was another strike on top of his criminal rap sheet. When Bumpkin was let go from prison this time, he immediately decided to go back to a life of crime. Bumpkin began to use the same game plan with the drifter farmhands but with a slight twist. Bumpkin Connor wanted to make sure that any drifter he employed could not be traced back to him or potentially rat him out to the police and tell them what Bumpkin was doing at the markets. One of these drifters called the crime stoppers hotline in 1989 to tell the police what the Connor family had been doing. The drifter went on to say he saw remains on the farmland that he'd been working on while staying with the Connors. The drifter also made the claim that Bumpkin Connor had tried to kill him. When the police received a call from the drifter, they were skeptical in the beginning. The drifter's claim seemed to be a little audacious at first. But Bumpkin Connor had a vast criminal record. When crime stoppers began to look into Bumpkin Connor and investigate him further, they decided they needed to pay a visit to the Connor farm. The police arrived at the Connor's farm in October of 1989 with a search warrant. Police officers conducted a thorough search of the farm but found nothing incriminating during the early stages of the investigation. It was not until later in the day when the police uncovered the bodies of three men that were in the barn that things began to look unsettling for Bumpkin Connor. Bumpkin Connor now found himself in a pair of handcuffs as the search of the farmland continued in the background. The police then uncovered a 22-caliber rifle that was used to kill the three men that had been found in the barn. Bumpkin Connor went on trial in March of 1991. Bumpkin was convicted of five counts of murder and was sentenced to death. The motive behind Bumpkin's crimes was evidently monetary income. Pumpkin's trial proved to be a little different as her motive was questionable. Pumpkin went on trial before Bumpkin in 1990 and her defense team argued that she was pressurized into conforming to her husband's murderous will through beatings and assault. The jury refuted these claims and sentenced Pumpkin to death as well. When Bumpkin went on trial after his wife and learned about his wife's death sentence, he responded with, 'Well those things happen to some, you know?' Bumpkin Connor died of natural causes in 1993. Pumpkin's legal team appealed her conviction after her husband's death. This led to a new trial hearing in August of 1999. The judge eventually overturned the death sentence of Pumpkin Connor and gave her five consecutive life terms in prison without parole. Pumpkin lived until 2002 when her health began to deteriorate. Pumpkin suffered a stroke which left her partially paralyzed and deaf in one ear. Pumpkin was then put on medical parole which granted her wish of not dying in prison. Pumpkin was moved to a nursing home in her hometown where she died of natural causes in December of 2003. Whether Pumpkin Connor actively supported her husband's murderous campaign and illicit crime actives is debatable. However, Bumpkin Connor preyed on people who are perhaps the most vulnerable. There are five innocent known victims who lost their lives at the hand of Bumpkin Connor."

Because of his small and frail stature, a brown furred otter named CJ made sure to murder those under a year old. After the murder of his eight-month old sister and six-month old cousin, he was only caught when he killed the neighbor's six-month old. CJ, true to the personality of most serial killers, showed no remorse for his wrongdoings and didn't comprehend the gravity of what he had done. He was sent to a children's home until he turned eighteen. Since then, no one knows what's come of him. A psychologist, Doctor Hopkins, diagnosed the boy as a sadist. In other words, a person who derives pleasure from seeing others in physical pain.

Layla Donn, a female donkey with blue eyes, born in 1905. Layla Donn married Charlie Braggs, an okapi, in 1921. Layla Donn had four daughters from Charlie Braggs, she poisoned two of them. Layla also murdered her oldest daughter Mulina's two grandchildren.

Layla's other daughter would give birth to a child. That child would give birth to Layla's grandson Braxton Braggs, an okapi with black hair, in 1941, where he would be raised in Blaine County, San Andreas.

Braxton was regularly beaten by his father and eventually ran away from home. In his early teens, Braxton was in trouble for petty thefts. He was either expelled or suspended from schools on a regular basis.

Braxton Braggs found work at a storage company where he met fellow okapis James Kilgore, Rick Daniels, and John Daggett. Braxton Braggs eventually became the leader of The Wyld Stylers, a gang that officially shot fifteen Zebras to death and wounded ten others, but their final kill count could potentially be as many seventy. Each member who killed four zebra children, five zebra women, or nine zebra men were awarded 'stripes' that certified his 'okapi' status. Sometimes photographs were requested as proof.

Braxton became skinny and frail in Aster City Correctional Facility with his fellow gang members. At the San Andreas Health Care Facility in the city of Slaughter, also known as the outskirts of Aster City or S City. Braxton Braggs died in 2017 at the age of twenty-five.