The Wyld Stylers

Reynard Todd, an orange fox with a split tail, that wears a grey San Andreas hoodies, reads the case file of the Wyld Stylers as he relays the information, "Over the course of a five-month period in 1973-1974, the city of Darkwoods was under siege. A string of terrifying, seemingly random shootings paralyzed the city with fear. The only thing the police knew for sure, all of the shooting victims were zebras, and the shooters were okapis. The violence began in October 1973. A twenty-eight year old woman was shot repeatedly in her car by a random assailant in Darkwoods. The following month, a fifty-three year old grocery store owner was found shot dead in the store's bathroom. Until the end of 1973, residents of Darkwoods lived in fear as the random attacks continued. A man was shot in a telephone booth while making a phone call. Irenicus Valeth Sr, who would become the mayor of Aster City in 1988, was shot twice in the back but survived. A thirty-one year old woman was shot and killed walking down the street. The case became known as the Zebra murders. Darkwoods police set up a dragnet across the city, stopping all young, okapi men out on the street. If the men were deemed not to be a threat, they were given a 'Zebra card' that they could show police if and when they were stopped again for interrogation. The murders stopped suddenly and without explanation as the calendar changed from 1973 to 1974. Over the next four months, residents of the Bay Area began to relax their guard, believing that the random terror might be over. They were wrong. On April 1st, the Zebra murders started again. A nineteen year old male and a twenty-one year old female were shot while walking down the street. The nineteen year old died from his injuries, the twenty-one year old survived. The attack had all the hallmarks of the Zebra case. A lightning-quick, random attack carried out by an okapi man with a .32 pistol who immediately fled the scene. April 14th saw another attack. Two more people were shot and wounded while standing on a street corner. Two days later, another murder. A twenty-three year old man was shot and killed while rummaging around in his parked car. This second wave of Zebra murders brought Darkwoods to the edge of panic again. Who was behind the random attacks? When would they be caught? Was anyone safe? The men behind the attacks turned out to be a group of radicals who called themselves 'Wyld Stylers'. Braxton Bragg, James Kilgore, Rick 'Needles' Daniels, and John Daggett were all okapi men in their twenties. They all were hell-bent on killing zebra people and sparking a war. After the final Zebra murder in April 1974, a man came named Frank Stein forward with information. Stein was not a Good Samaritan trying to help out the police, he was trying to save his own skin, after he recognized himself in a police sketch that was widely circulated. Stein met with police and told them that while he didn't commit any of the Zebra attacks, he was present at several of the shootings. The police knew Stein was telling the truth because he relayed details that they had not released to the public. Police agreed to not press charges against Frank Stein and to provide new identities for him and his family in exchange for information about the Zebra murders. On May 1st, 1974, the police conducted raids that resulted in the arrests of seven men associated with the murder spree. Some of the men were released, but Braxton Bragg, James Kilgore, Rick 'Needles' Daniels, and John Daggett were all charged with multiple counts of first-degree murder and attempted murder. Frank Stein took the stand against his former associates and provided day after day of grisly details regarding the shootings. After a lengthy trial, Braxton Bragg, James Kilgore, Needles, and John Daggett were all found guilty in May 1976. At the time, the trial was the longest in San Andreas' history. All four men were sentenced to life in Aster City Correctional Facility. The official body count of the Zebra murder spree was fifteen dead, ten wounded. One criminologist, however, believes that the Wyld Stylers 'may have killed more people in the early to mid-1970s than all the other serial killers operating during that period combined.' There are some who believe the Wyld Stylers may have been responsible for as many as seventy murders."