Vol. 4.5: Chapter 3.1 - A Warning

Because I went to the karaoke yesterday, I figured that I'd spend this day resting inside my room. Well, at least that's what I initially planned to do. I was wrong. 

"Why did he even call for me...?"

"To be honest, I have no idea."

Horikita and I wore our uniforms as we walked on school grounds. The sleeves of my blazer made my arms sweat beads. It felt extremely uncomfortable.

That said, Horikita led me towards a room for a certain club. From what I've heard, it seems like the Student Council Office was currently under renovation, so moving to a temporary location would make a lot of sense.

"Tea Ceremony Club, huh?" I commented.

"I heard they were stationed in the Floral Arrangement Club until yesterday," added Horikita.

*Knock*

"Come in."

I opened the door for us after hearing confirmation from the guy himself. He sat on a chair behind a school desk. It felt kinda weird given how I usually saw him seated behind an office desk.

"Tachibana, go brew some tea for them."

"Yes, President."

Secretary Tachibana got to work as she went behind a small curtain separating the room in half.

"Have a seat, you two."

"You're being strangely hospitable. What are you up to this time?"

*Clutter*

After uttering those rude words, I could immediately hear some mess behind the curtain.

"Tachibana, is everything alright?"

"Y-Yes, President! I apologize for my carelessness!"

"Be mindful. The members of the Tea Ceremony Club were kind enough to let us borrow their room. It would be shameful if we cause any amount of damage to their equipment."

"Yes, I'm very sorry!"

Horikita Manabu fixed his glasses before turning back to us.

"To answer your question, I'm not necessarily planning anything. I called you here with regards to your recent achievement as the freshmen year's new Class A." He then looked towards Horikita. "Congratulations. As the Student Council President of this school, I've acknowledged your efforts."

"Nii-san..."

"I can't deny that results are results. What your class has achieved is nothing short of a miracle." He narrowed his eyes before continuing. "However, I hope none of this gets to your head."

"That much is obvious, Nii-san... We will not get conceited."

"Hmph."We", huh? Suzune, how confident are you that you represent your classmates?"

"That's..."

He instantly dismantled Horikita's composure. Horikita Manabu knew his sister more than anyone else. He knew that this was nothing but a temporary feat.

"I don't think underestimating us is a good congratulatory speech, you know?" I chimed in.

"Don't get me wrong. I'm not underestimating your class's "potential". But everything else is still subpar compared to what is required from a stable Class A. You're the first-ever Class D that rose to Class A-- in one semester, no less. Questions are bound to rise."

His evaluation was on point. As a fellow freshman, I sincerely think that the likes of Katsuragi or Ichinose's classes are still leaps and bounds better in terms of overall merit.