Vol. 6: Chapter 7.1 - Mock Test

The next Wednesday, our class had its fifth and final mandatory study session. With a little over two weeks left before the final exam, we were encouraged to prepare however we want.

According to Keisei, it seems like Airi, Ken, and everyone else were ready. They just need to keep reviewing his materials for retention.

On that very next day, Horikita also made a very important announcement.

"In light of everyone's preparation, I would like to propose a mock test for our class."

An uproar followed suit. Each tutor had their own way of teaching their students, but making them answer test questions was always part of the agenda. This time, however, our class will emulate the exam itself and take a mock test.

"Does anyone have any disagreements?" asked Horikita.

Everyone shook their heads. They were surprised, but they wouldn't go against a relatively straightforward plan.

"Great. You have a week to prepare. We will have the mock test on Tuesday after next week."

Hirata raised his hand.

"Yes, Hirata-kun?"

"Who will be making the questions for the mock test?" he asked.

"We have the questions prepared," she replied before looking at me. "Isn't that right, Ayanokouji-kun?"

"Yeah. We managed to finish all four hundred questions," I nodded.

The class started to murmur once more.

"We're going to use our own test questions...?"

"That's a bit..."

"Yeah..."

Horikita carefully checked each and every one of our classmates' reactions.

"It seems like you have some reservations about this," she said.

Hondou was the first one to raise a hand in response.

"Uhh, Horikita-san. I think most of our classmates are worried about the test questions getting leaked," he said.

Everyone nodded in agreement.

"It was pretty obvious that there's someone in here who ratted us out to Class B during the sports festival. It would've been impossible to rig our match-ups otherwise," followed Minami (Setsuya).

Unrest could be felt within the class. Hirata and the other tutors started to look worried. It was finally time to open this can of worms for everyone. They stayed silent, waiting for Horikita to address the situation as she promised.

"You're right. There was a traitor inside the class. They leaked our participation table to Class B."

The class's soft murmurs turned to a clamor. Their biggest fear had been confirmed.

"Seriously?!"

"Who the hell would betray us?!"

"They're the worst!"

Some were quick to voice out their emotions, but most of us stayed passive.

"You don't seem fazed by this, Horikita-san. Is there something that you wanna tell us?" Maezono narrowed her eyes.

"There's nothing to worry about. The traitor themself admitted to their behavior. I knew why they chose to betray the class."

Everyone was on the edge of their seats. The noise was constant, but the tension was escalating. The class needed answers.