Vol. 6: Chapter 8.1.2 - Wavering Trust

It's been over a month since I felt suffocated by Ryuuen-kun's harassment. The amount of discomfort I've felt from Class D students asking about me was unbearable at first, but I was getting used to it. In his mind, I was probably getting more and more unsettled, but as long as he doesn't get anything decisive, I shouldn't be in any real danger. 

Horikita-san and Hirata-kun were constantly getting bothered by Ryuuen-kun's classmates while Kiyotaka-kun and I were getting followed and watched. All four of us were getting similar treatments, so apart from them being a nuisance, no harm was being done.

"It's not like he's focusing on me." 

That's what I tell myself to stay composed. I can't be overcome by emotion and mess things up. I'm still safe. None of our enemies know about my past... Horikita-san won't put me at risk as long as our goals align. 

And Kiyotaka-kun is my ally... 

He's my ally... right...?

But yesterday...

"Kiyotaka-kun... was lying to me...?"

I was too scared to ask him about it. He didn't say anything even though he should've known that I'd be able to understand everything... 

There must be a reason!

Was he nervous that his secret got found out?

No, that's impossible! This is Kiyotaka-kun we're talking about!

And Horikita-san-- it was subtle, but I think she was shaken, too. Does that mean she knew about the bugs? Did Kiyotaka-kun tell her?

No... She definitely knows...

Horikita-san supported Kiyotaka-kun when he lied to me and Hirata-kun during the Zodiac Exam. She's an accomplice.

But what if I know that now?! I can't do anything! Is he my enemy, after all?! Was he secretly planning to betray me in the future?!

I'm so... confused.

I wanted to trust him-- only him! Ever since that night, I've never told him a single lie that could potentially compromise our relationship... But he lied to me... Why...?

Please say something, Kiyotaka-kun...

I don't know... I don't know anymore...