Vol. 4.5: Chapter 6.1 - The Value of Things

I stared at my phone and saw "298,139 pr" displayed on the screen. I'm not that much of a spender, but I don't really try to save my private points unless I have a clear purpose for doing so. I started to wonder how the others were doing with their financial situation.

I exited the application and looked through my contacts. I called for someone who more or less knows everything about it. He instantly picked up the moment it rang.

"Hello, Ayanokouji-kun?"

"Hey, how's that going?"

"Ahh, did you call to ask about the current state of our financial affairs?"

"Yep, I'm curious about your progress."

"Well, don't worry. Professor and I have been religiously keeping track of everything. We've even calculated the theoretical value for the month of September. Of course, we've included the rewards for the Zodiac Exam."

"As expected of you. So, how much do we have in store?"

"2,600,000 private points."

"No one skipped out on their monthly quotas then."

"Yes, and after the meeting yesterday, I decided to consult every single one of our 'investors' about their supposed contributions. They've all agreed upon a certain consensus."

"How much would we have after including the rewards?"

"4,220,000 private points. Because of our increase in class points, I've also suggested raising the monthly investment by 10,000."

"Did they all agree?"

"Fortunately, yes."

"Then, in September..."

"4,870,000 private points, at best." I could hear him snort proudly. "That said, Ayanokouji-kun... Wouldn't you consider asking at least some of the girls to keep their money with us, too?"

"Not now. The fewer people who know, the more useful this will become in the future."

"I understand."

"Do any of the guys know that this was my idea?"

"Of course not. I'll be taking that detail to the grave, so you don't have to worry."

"I see. That's all I needed to know for now."

"Is that so? Do come by whenever we hold some game sessions. I also have a few new light novel recommendations for you."

"Really? That would be great. I'll be there whenever. Thanks."

"It's no problem."

And that's where we ended the call. Because of our connection as friends, there was no need for covert ideas like deleting our call histories or anything. Any of our calls could just be dismissed as friendly talks about manga or light novels. And of course, a low-key person like him would hardly raise suspicion from anyone inside or outside the class. That's precisely why I chose him for this role.

Now, I just have to think about how I could get him and Horikita to cooperate with each other.

In conjunction with that topic, I decided to read all the remaining volumes that I haven't finished from a couple of series that he and Professor had recommended. I spent the entire day hauled up inside my room.

During the next day, I arrived before Inogashira's door in the morning, around 9 AM. Knowing her, it's safe to say that she's already awake around this time.