Vol. 6: Chapter 10.3 - The Saturday of an Observer

"What a good day..." I unintentionally muttered.

I arrived at Keyaki Mall a few minutes before it opened. There were very few people who came inside, but that's precisely why I'm here.

"Shopping on a Saturday morning is the best," I thought.

Everyone was busy studying, so I didn't have to worry about being around many people at the mall. There was a small sale for some items in a lot of the stores, so I could take my time picking out the ones I really liked.

However, there was one thing that I've been interested in lately.

"Ah, there it is."

I walked inside the department store and looked through the featured items.

"Good morning, sir. Would you like some assistance with your shopping?" A male employee greeted me with a smile.

"Hm... Yes, please."

I haven't done much research, so I'll take his advice.

"Alright. Without further ado, let's talk about the featured ones here. This is the Gemilai CRM3200D Professional Semi-automatic Coffee Maker Commercial Italian Espresso Coffee M 1.7L!"

"How good is it compared to the others?"

"Well, first of all, it has a very nice high-precision PID electronic controller which would help you brew your espresso down to its most refined form."

"Does it have pressure relief?" I asked.

"For sure! It has a three-way pressure relief so you won't have to worry about removing your portafilter after a shot."

"What about an electro-mechanical pump?"

"Ohh, you've done your homework, dear customer. Why, yes. This one has it, but if you want to ask about the exact number, this machine has an UKLA pump that will deliver at least 15 BAR pressure!"

"I see... What's the basket size of the portafilter, by the way?"

"It's a 58mm basket. The prime size."

"A dual boiler?"

"Certainly-- a 500 ml S.S. boiler and a 1 L aluminum boiler," he nodded with a smile.

"Then what about a water filter?"

"Of course, it has one built-in."

Damn... This guy's good. He immediately presented a product that has everything a home espresso machine should have...

"How much is it?"

"Originally, it cost around 120,000 points. However, thanks to our limited-time sale, you can have it for just 70,000 points!"

The drop in price makes it really tempting... The one they featured looks brand-new, as well.

"I see. That's very nice, but I would like to hear more about the other ones."

"Why, of course!" he replied enthusiastically. "Have you heard about the best-selling brand; Breville?"

For now, I quickly dialed up the coffee expert I know. 

A few minutes later, I finally got a call.

"Excuse me," I said.

"Of course, sir."

He was showcasing his third espresso machine when my phone rang. 

I turned around and answered the call.