Vol. 6: Chapter 13.2 - Name

"N-No way... Nene-chan..." Kikyou was the first to voice her reaction right after Chabashira-sensei's announcement.

Everyone gazed down in frustration. 

Mori will be expelled along with Miyamoto. Everyone thought about that ever since he was accused as a cheater. However, no one spoke up or brought it up, even Mori herself. It was the inevitable truth that everyone deliberately tried to ignore earlier. However, it was finally time for them to face reality. 

"This is stupid! Miyamoto is innocent, right?! This is all Ryuuen's fault for threatening him!" shouted Ken.

The students of Class A rallied around Ken's words, saying that these punishments were clearly unjustified.

"I see. It seems like we're not on the same page just yet." Chabashira-sensei turned to Horikita and Hirata. "You still haven't told them?" 

Our classmates were confused. Apparently, there's been a misunderstanding.

"Ryuuen wasn't threatening Miyamoto at all. No blackmailing was happening behind all of this. Miyamoto was willingly working with Ryuuen ever since they signed a contract."

Obviously, this shocked everyone in the classroom. Regardless, Chabashira-sensei continued explaining.

"The details of a contract are normally concealed from the public, but both parties have consented to its disclosure for Class A. Ryuuen said that he wanted you to know about it so he can clear his name, while Miyamoto thought that it didn't matter anymore whether its kept secret or not."

Based on her words, it seems like Miyamoto has completely lost hope.

"According to the contract, Miyamoto will be following Ryuuen's orders until graduation. The contract will be disclosed to the public should he disobey an order. In exchange, Ryuuen promised to pay him private points, and will keep paying him until the contract is no longer valid."

"What the hell...?"

"He was a spy...?"

"Miyamoto was getting points... from Ryuuen?"

Such absurdity only made everyone's thoughts even more muddled.

"So all that crap that I did with Horikita-san and Hirata to help him... was for nothing...?" asked Hondou.

Ike and Yamauchi were speechless, too.

"I'll spare you specifics of their conditions regarding when and how much Ryuuen will pay. However, I can, at least, tell you that he was required to make a down payment of 3 million private points right after the signing."

"Seriously...?"

"That's so much..."

"Is that why he betrayed us...?"

"It's true. I looked through his phone myself last Saturday, and he had more than 3 million points in his account. I suspected him to be an actual traitor since then," Karuizawa chimed in, supporting Chabashira-sensei's explanation.

"So Miyamoto-kun is a traitor, and that made him more suspicious... But what about the cheating itself, Sensei?" asked Ichihashi.

"Yeah, what's that got to do with him cheating? I don't see the connection," followed Minami (Setsuya). 

"Both of them claimed to have no idea about the cheating, but one of the clauses of their contract stated that: In the event that one of the signees is expelled, their private points would be transferred to the other signee. This was seen as a potential motive for Ryuuen to expel Miyamoto, so we investigated his belongings. However, we didn't find any evidence that he was connected to the cheat sheets. In the end, we've concluded that Miyamoto was responsible for the cheat sheets himself," Chabashira-sensei answered.