Vol. 6: Chapter 13.3 - Chance for Salvation

"I'll be staying here while Sakagami-sensei questions Ayanokouji. You may have a discussion amongst yourselves." Chabashira-sensei sat on a stool near the front door.

Horikita and Hirata came forward and faced the class. They were eager to discuss Ayanokouji's sudden involvement in all of this.

"Hmph." Kouenji walked out of the room without a care in the world.

Of course, none of them paid him any mind either.

"What's the meaning of this, Horikita-chan?!" asked Yamauchi.

"Did Ayanokouji really set Soshi up?!" followed Ike.

"Do you have an explanation for this, Horikita-san?" added Hondou.

Most of Class A couldn't believe it. And of course, those close to Ayanokouji refused to think of him as the bad guy.

"Are you guys dumb?! Kiyotaka was obviously set up, too!" yelled Sudou.

"Sakagami-sensei and Horikita-san already said it. The sender didn't use their true name. They probably wanted to throw Kiyotaka under the bus," said Miyake.

"I don't think that's entirely right either, Miyake. Sakagami-sensei only said that they weren't sure about it. The reason why he questioned Ayanokouji in the first place is to try and confirm this," argued Hondou.

Hirata wanted to speak, but Horikita stopped him. She calmly watched as they continued.

"I guess you're right, but I still don't think Kiyotaka did it. He has no motive to do so."

"Really now?" Ike raised an eyebrow. "Do you guys remember what happened last Tuesday? We all thought Soshi and Ayanokouji were about to fight. I don't really know what they were arguing about, but Ayanokouji might've held a grudge against Soshi and decided to expel him!"

"Are you crazy?!" Hasebe angrily slammed her desk.

"Kiyotaka-kun wouldn't do that!" cried Sakura.

"Please calm down, Kanji-kun. I don't think that's..." Kushida tried to mediate things but it wasn't enough.

"Ahh! Now that I think about it, Sakayanagi-chan and that baldie looked for him the very next day! Ayanokouji must've gotten those test questions from them during that time!" Yamauchi passionately supported Ike's argument.

"I remember that..."

"I did see Miyamoto grab Ayanokouji..."

After hearing what Ike and Yamauchi said, their classmates started to have some doubts.

"Fuck... That does make sense..." Hondou contemplated before turning to Horikita and Hirata. "Hey, I don't wanna point fingers, but Kanji and Haruki are right. What the hell is going on?"

"We should probably wait for Ayanokouji-kun to return," Horikita answered before turning to Chabashira-sensei. "Sensei, will Miyamoto-kun be here?"

"Miyamoto will probably come by to get his things."

Everyone didn't know how to feel about Miyamoto right now. They believe that he was set up, but the truth also came out about him being a traitor.

"Alright, we'll wait for both of them."

Since the exam only lasted for half a day, the class was willing to remain inside for a little longer. No one cared if they had to eat past lunchtime. They can't move the conversation forward unless the class is complete.

Meanwhile...