Vol. 5: Chapter 9.3 - The Devil's Offer

After everything I've witnessed during Ayanokouji-kun's time as our class's leader, I finally realized just how inadequate I am in comparison. The clear-cut confidence I had for my every move had vanished, and I'm forced to double-take my decisions at every turn. Ayanokouji-kun was on guard against everyone, making calculated attacks while ensuring a solid defense. I must take after his methods.

This time wasn't an exception. Despite all my planning along with the help I've garnered from Hirata-kun and the others, I never actually believed that I was in control of our situation. That's why I was still prepared for the worst-case scenario if anything unexpected ever happened. Sure enough, our enemies wouldn't sit down without doing anything. Ryuuen-kun, our supposed ally, seems to have made his move.

Ryuuen-kun and now Sakayanagi-san... If they're on a level that I haven't reached yet, I can't be cautious enough about my own moves. 

September 27th, 3:57 PM.

"Ah, Suzune. You're finally here."

The three of us arrived inside the classroom after being led by Ike-kun. The student named Yamada Albert was guarding outside while Ibuki-san and Ishizaki-kun were inside along with Ryuuen-kun himself. Hirata-kun was still holding the metal clasp envelope containing our participation table. Beside him were Yamauchi-kun, Hondou-kun, and Miyamoto-kun.

"We told you to get the outta here already," Hondou-kun angrily reprimanded the other group.

"Shut your trap, Hondou. You're the one who's not needed here. Why don't you and your other idiot friends get out?" Ishizaki-kun replied.

Yamauchi-kun was clenching his fists in rage, but he stayed quiet.

"The hell are you up to this time, Ryuuen?!" yelled Sudou-kun.

"Calm down, Ken. The classroom is being monitored by cameras. They won't do anything rash." Ayanokouji-kun's words calmed him and Ike-kun's group.

"Good job on calling them, Ike. Now that Suzune is here, we can finally get down to business."

"What are you doing here, Ryuuen-kun?" I asked.

"Kukuku. You're getting the wrong idea. I don't really care about your participation table or list or whatever. I'm just here to talk."

"Quite the company for a simple talk."

"Heh, you don't have to mind them. For now, why don't we relax for a bit?"

Ryuuen-kun sat on top of the teacher's table and urged us to take our seats.

Hirata-kun and the others did the same. They're not letting their guards down. I can tell just by looking at their sharp-eyed expressions.

"So? What is this about?" As the leader, I broke the silence and started the discourse.