Vol. 4.5: Chapter 9.1 - Future Entanglements

August 29th, 9:00 AM.

I lazily knocked on the Student Council Office's door.

"Welcome," Secretary Tachibana greeted me with a stern expression.

The student council room looked a bit different from last time, but the changes didn't feel like an idea that someone like Horikita Manabu would come up with.

"Have a seat." His words interrupted my train of thought. 

Well, whatever. It's about time I get to know what he was talking about.

"What did you want to tell me?"

"I wouldn't want to waste your time for coming here, so I'll get straight to the point. Simply put, you should expect that the school would be changing soon, or at least, some of the systems around how things work inside it."

"Soon, huh? The second semester will be starting soon, and around that time will be the election for the new student council president."

"I'm glad we're on the same page," he nodded, fixing glasses.

"Well, your words are making things obvious for me."

"You wanted to avoid a lengthy discussion, so I'm willing to fulfill that request. I just wanted to warn you about the future student council and the changes that they will exact towards the school and its students," he said.

"So you won't give me any more details?"

"Do you want me to?"

Secretary Tachibana silently served us some tea.

"I've got a lot of time to spare. Some information shouldn't hurt," I shrugged.

"Then I should tell you about the student council first," he replied. "As you know, I am the current president with Tachibana Akane as my secretary. While the other members aren't around right now, you can take a look at this list."

President: 
1. Horikita Manabu (Class 3-A)

Vice President:
1. Nagumo Miyabi (
Class 2-A)
2. ???

Secretary:
1. Tachibana Akane (
Class 3-A)

Assistant Secretary:
2. Kiriyama Ikuto (Class 2-B)
3. Mizowaki Tooru (Class 2-B)

Treasurer:
1. Ayase Shun 
(Class 3-A)

General Affairs Manager:
1. 
Ichinose Honami (Class 1-C)

He gave me a text-only list of the student council members. This is certainly some useful information, but practically unusable if I can't match these names to the right faces.

"If you want to see them or meet them in person, you'll certainly get that chance if you join the student council," he continued.

What a stingy bastard.

"No thanks. I'll try to do something on my own."

"Alright. For now, I'll explain some things about the student council as an organization. Of course, these are all information that any student could acquire. Though unfortunately, only a few are interested in knowing them."

Well, the student council is generally just a group of students that have more work than others. They are still part of the educational system, much like any other after-school club. Unlike what's seen in anime or manga, they don't really hold that much power in real life as an independent organization. They're really not revered as these super students who could do everything. They just need to be competent and diligent kids who are at least decent in academics. However, it doesn't seem to be the case in this school.