Vol. 4.5: Chapter 7.2 - Dangers Lurk in Everyday Life

Sneaking around was pathetic, so the choice of just fearlessly walking in like it's nobody's business posed itself as a great option. 

No, that's too much, even for me. If only I were as cool as Hirata or Kikuchi, then it wouldn't be too much of a problem.

I waited until I could use the elevator alone, all the way to the 13th floor. After successfully making my way to Horikita's door, I immediately rang the bell. In this situation, Horikita should've been waiting by her door to receive me, but no one answered.

I slowly started to open the door myself, only to find it unlocked.

"Horikita...?"

I've been in her room once, and since Horikita wasn't in the kitchen nor hallway, it meant that she was behind this door-- the door to her bedroom. Looking around, it didn't seem like the place was decorated any more than last time, just like my own room.

"You're alone, right?" As expected, I heard her voice inside the bedroom area.

"You're being way too loud," I said.

"It's okay. Even if someone came in right now, I'd bonk them with my right hand," she replied.

What in the world does that even mean? I cautiously entered Horikita's bedroom for the first time, and my heart raced unnecessarily. She had her back to me, so I couldn't really see her face. At first glance, nothing seemed particularly strange.

"Okay, I'm here. What's the problem?" I asked while staring at her get-up.

Horikita wore a pastel pink, sleeved semi-wrap dress with white hems and mini-ribbons. If I were to give any comments, she looked very cute in that outfit.

"Once you see, you'll understand."

Horikita slowly turned around to face me. Two different emotions instantly took over my body-- confusion and second-hand embarrassment.

"I see. So that's it, huh?"

"That's it, yes."

I stared at her right hand, which was completely stuck inside a water bottle. It was unbecoming of Class A's dignified leader.

 It was unbecoming of Class A's dignified leader

"Hmm... How do I put this? This isn't like you. Were you playing around?"

"Don't be dumb," she glared.

"This is like when you stick your head between something but can't take it out as a result." Coupled with my silly miming, Horikita's eyebrows furrowed as she swung her arm at me. 

"H-Hey, I'm kidding."

"Well, it wasn't funny."

"That's because you're the one getting teased."

"Are you going to help me, or not?" Horikita pulled her arm back, ready to launch a strike against me.

"Okay, okay, chill." I want to etch this adorable image of Horikita in my mind. "How did this happen, anyway?"