Vol. 7: Chapter 7.2 - A Small Investment

The first snow of the season arrived last night on a Saturday. The snowfall wasn't heavy, and they melted at dawn, leaving puddles of water on the concrete. Despite the appearance of snow, today's temperature still clocked at around twenty-four degrees.

The Ayanokouji Group initially planned on going out for some karaoke today, but...

[Let's move it to some other time! I want to finish reading all of the remaining volumes before Christmas!]

Haruka wanted to binge the current series that she was reading. Apparently, it was a really good rom-com light novel that Ijuuin recommended.

[I don't think I'll be able to go tomorrow! Watari and Professor asked me to play some VR Games with them!]

And Ken had games to play, which had become a more common occurrence.

In the end, only Akito, Airi, and Keisei were available since I had an appointment as well.

As I waited in the resting area, my phone suddenly rang. The caller ID which displayed the name "Kikuchi Eita" was requesting a video call. 

"Oh, Kiyotaka!"

"What's up? Are you guys having fun?" I asked.

"We're having lots of fun! You should've seen Yukimura's face when he choked on the spicy takoyaki!"

"Shut up, Kikuchi!" I heard a yell in the background.

Akito's face suddenly showed up as he joined in on the conversation.

"Hey, Kiyotaka. Haruka said she'd be here later. You sure you're not gonna come by and join us?"

"Haruka? I thought she was busy."

"The FoMO got to her, I guess. Or maybe she's worried that Airi might get closer to Ichihashi-san and others than her," Akito smirked.

"That does sound like something Haruka would be worried about."

Mori was the one who planned this karaoke hangout. Apparently, she also invited Horikita, but she politely declined. Eita would've invited his friend group, but he probably took Airi into consideration and decided against it. 

Honestly, I think Airi can handle an energetic guy like Onizuka. Makida looks a bit unapproachable, but he's pretty chill too. And the same could be said for Minami (Hakuo) who has a grumpy resting face. All of them are nice guys that Airi probably wouldn't mind interacting with. Of course, that's just an opinion of mine.

"What about you, Kiyotaka? You'll miss out on some great karaoke moments, you know? Mori, Nishimura, and Azuma are all on fire. It feels like there's a battle concert. And they actually got Airi to sing a bunch of songs."

Ichihashi doesn't really like to sing as much as the other three, so I guess she's more on the cheering squad with the guys. Even I can see that they're all trying their hardest to open up Airi's heart, especially the girls.

"I'll be there if there's a chance."

"You gotta come here, Ayanokouji-kun! Ryuuko's singing her heart out! Ow!" Azuma cheerfully waved at me before getting smacked in the head by Mori and Ichihashi.

Before ending the call, Kikuchi gave the phone to Airi who wished me a good day. The genuine smile on her face was very nice to see. She really looked like she was having fun.

Eita, Ryuuko, Mori, Azuma, Ichihashi, Akito, Airi, and Keisei... That's eight people-- nine if I count Haruka who plans on joining them later. Two friend groups hanging out. I don't know if my social battery can handle that.