Vol. 6: Chapter 6.1 - Image

"Ah, Kiyotaka-kun!" Kikyou jogged to my side while waving her hand. "Did you wait long?"

"Not really. I just got here," I replied, putting my phone back inside my pocket.

"I asked Matsushita-san again at the last minute, but I guess she couldn't make it."

"That's unfortunate. She did give us her notes last night, though. I think that's more than enough help for us to make some progress today."

"Yup. She's very considerate."

It was a Saturday on the 13th of November when we finally decided to finish up the test questions. Wearing our uniforms, Kikyou and I went to the library to gather the last bit of study materials needed.

Matsushita was assigned to the last lessons that we haven't discussed in class yet but are sure to be on the exam. Thanks to her notes, we can create questions on those lessons without feeling lost. At the same time, Kikyou and I will have an idea about said lessons in advance. 

Since the three of us were solely focused on making the questions, our progress has been very smooth. Even if some of our predictions turn out to be off, there will be ample time to do edits. Of course, there's another reason why we're trying to finish them as soon as tomorrow.

A couple of hours passed before our center of attention shifted to some students at a nearby table.

"Is it just me or are they watching us...?" asked Kikyou.

"I think it's been that way ever since we got here. They're Class D students, aren't they?"

"Yeah... That's Manabe-san and her group. I don't think they have a reason to be in the library. They're delinquents who have shit for brains, especially Manabe-san. If Ryuuen-kun wasn't their leader, she'd be the queen bee of Class D," Kikyou muttered softly. "It won't change the fact that she's a basic bitch, though."

Damn. She really tore through her, huh?

"Ryuuen must've ordered them to keep an eye on us. As far as I know, Hirata and Horikita are also under watch."

"Well, it's good that they're only bothering the four of us."

We were Ryuuen's group mates in the Dragon Group. He knew we were the most important people in Class A. There wasn't any reason for him to monitor our classmates.

Kikyou and I made it obvious that we spotted them, so it didn't take long until Manabe's group stood up and left the library. I don't know if Kikyou realized it, but I'm pretty sure Ryuuen just wanted to scare us. Whether or not they could obtain information was irrelevant.

"That reminds me... What's the situation with you and Ryuuen? Did you manage to confirm whether he has information on your previous school?"

Kikyou's expression turned dark. With no one else around, she could finally show her true face. Her voice was low and her tone was rough.

"I haven't, but I can't imagine him obtaining that information from you or Horikita, though. Horikita is our class leader, so I can't see that girl endangering me when I'm fully cooperating. And while you know about the incident, I haven't even told you the name of my previous school."

As far as she knows, her secret should be safe, and she felt secure. That said, she was scared of what Ryuuen might do to obtain her secret. Kikyou knew that she was one of the main targets, and since her biggest weapon was her reputation, she thought that Ryuuen wanted to destroy it.

"That Ryuuen should already know about my true nature after he recorded us behind the gymnasium," she said, dropping his honorifics. "We even had to sacrifice an important card just to make him get rid of it. How the hell did he even get there?"