Vol. 7: Chapter 10.1 - The Stage Has Been Set

December 22nd, Wednesday.

"Parts of the school will undergo renovations, so those areas will be off-limits. Also, all clubs will take the day off after the closing ceremony. Be sure to head back as soon as you can."

Chabashira-sensei didn't dismiss us immediately but instead scanned the classroom which confused a lot of students.

"Is everything alright, Sae-chan-sensei?" asked Ike.

"Hmm, I'm sure that some of you will think about your inevitable demotion back to Class C next month, but don't panic. Keep yourselves out of trouble during winter break and come back stronger next semester. That's all." 

With that, she ended the class, closing the curtains for the second semester.

Our classmates didn't expect her words, but they certainly kept them in mind. We needed to accept the fact that we're done being Class A starting January. However, no one thought it was gonna be something permanent.

Everyone was prepared to leave. It was currently 12:17 PM, and all students will now be able to enjoy their Christmas break. 

I glanced at Kikyou who planned on hanging out with her friends at Keyaki Mall. Ike's group merrily walked out of the classroom and Karuizawa's group chatted about their plans. The rest were busy grouping up with their friends.

The Ayanokouji Group wasn't an exception. I gathered my things and walked towards them.

"Keyaki Mall will be packed today, so let's get there as soon as we can," said Akito.

"Woohoo! We're finally free!" Haruka celebrated with Airi.

"What about you, Kiyotaka? Are you gonna come with us?" asked Ken.

"I'm actually not sure. I don't like walking around big crowds and I am pretty tired, so I'm tempted to just go home and sleep."

"Aww, that's a bummer. We're gonna have lots of fun without you~!" The teasing Haruka tried to provoke me.

"I hope you do. I'm also gonna have lots of fun in Dreamland," I replied.

"You're not going to come with us?" Airi asked with a hopeful face.

"Hmm, I'm really not sure, but I guess I can walk with you guys there at least."  

"Kiyotaka-kun~!" Kikyou called and gestured for me to approach her group.

"What's up?" I asked.

She smiled as everyone turned to Mii-chan.

"Um, Ayanokouji-kun... Can I speak with you later? Ah, if you're busy, then I don't mind if it's not today..."

"If it's important, then I don't mind. I don't really have any plans today."

"Really~?! Okay, I understand."

"Alright! We'll go to Keyaki Mall now, okay? Catch up with us later if you can," Kikyou winked at Mii-chan.

Her group waved at us as they left the room.

I told my friends to go ahead of me as well. They left looking interested as to why I suddenly had to be alone with Mii-chan. I would love to explain, but it's not like I knew what was going on either.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" I asked as the two of us started ambling along the hallways.

"Hmm, for now, why don't we get something to eat? Is that okay? I know we just had lunch earlier but..."

"I'm fine with it."

"Really?! Then, let's go to Pallette. There's a drink I've always wanted to try."