Sharp Thorns pt.2

Hoseok frowned.

He never expected to hear those words from you. Was someone bullying you? Was it school? Was it a toxic friend ? Was it...your boyfriend?

Dropping his arm from pointing at the door,Hoseok pulled you into a tight hug. He was going through a mix of emotions right now. Worry,anger,hatred.

" Sis...have you been getting abused?" He whispered as he held you close to his chest,his big hand protectively holding the back of your head.

Hoping you had said it in your mind,hoping Hoseok did not hear you begging not to get hit,you felt the embrace making your tense muscles,suddenly  relax. You knew it was too late to defend what you just said as you attempted to wipe the tears off.

You even expected him to mock at you for not having listened to him and your other brothers, but his question made you cry harder into his chest.

"Don't tell this to the others,Hobi..." You said in between your sobs as you clutched at his shirt.

Hoseok gently caressed your hair,his eyebrows furrowed and teeth gritting as he tried his best in comforting you with the hug.

"I...if you don't want me to then I won't,y/n-ah..." He whispered back as he took your face in his hands and that is when he saw. The mark of the fading hand prints, your swollen eyes and lips... it hurt him.

It hurt him so much seeing his donsaeng like this and it hurt him even more because he never knew this was happening to you.

"Tell me who did this to you." Hoseok said,his eyes fixated on yours making you slightly look away,knowing if you told him Jay's name, Hoseok wouldn't stop himself from making sure he never stepped foot near you ever again.

But you could not lie or hide it anymore. Not to Hoseok,one brother you never used to keep secrets from and one who didn't keep secrets from you either.

"It is Jay..." You said in a quiet tone as you looked to the side and you soon felt Hoseok's warm hands leave your cheeks,making you look at him with teary eyes.

Hearing the name, Hoseok blinked,before he kept out a quiet scoff. "Jay? Jay as in that kid you are dating?" Hoseok asked and you could only nod in response as you bit your quivering lips in an attempt to stop the tears from streaming down again.

Hoseok let out a soft sigh before he reached for your head and gently caresses it before placing a kiss on your forehead.

"Go up to your room,Y/n. I'll call you down when it is time for foodm" He said to you softly making  you frown.

"But I was helping..." You began to say but Hoseok stopped you. "Nope,I only have to stir the vegetables with this till it is boiled and I am done. So you go on up." Hoseok said with an assuring nod and smiles leaving you to obey what he said and you left the kitchen for your room.

Few days passed. You expected Hoseok to have told the others about it or atleast to have checked up on you to see if you and him met up after the last time. But none of that happened making you unsure of how to feel. Was it good or bad? You didn't know.

You had not seen Jay in two weeks now,ofcourse. There were no texts or missed calls like usual which made you realise that something was up.

This evening, you were sitting on the couch,flipping through channels when Taehyung came to  sit next to you.

You handed him the remote,figuring that atleast  Taehyung would find something fun to watch. So he took the remote and went on to put on the news channel.

You gave him a look and let out a small laugh  "Since when did you watch the news,Tae?" You teased him,but he still had his eyes fixed on the TV .

"Oh,right on time. Check this out,sis." He said while pointing to the screen while he sat leaning back on the couch.

Shaking your head with a playful roll of your eyes,you looked at the screen and the headline made you freeze in spot.

Choi Jay, accused of having abused several girls has been caught and put behind bars for the next five years.

You heard the reporter read out the news making your eyes blink in shock. You weren't the only one...he did this to six other girls just like you. And now,he was receiving the punishment for it.

You could not take your eyes off the screen and you soon felt Taehyung caress your hand,making you let out the breath you did not know you had been holding in.

"You are safe now,y/n-ah. You are always safe with us."