Burned

You and Jungkook were home alone today. It was evening and you decided to make tea and Jungkook agreed to help you with it.

You got the ingredients and the utensils ready. You did almost  all the work while Jungkook was just standing there staring into space.

"What are you standing there for - Help me !"  You fumed.

He looked at the milk that was boiling.
"What am i supposed to do now?"

"Omg ! Why did you even agree to help if you don't even want to !"  You  yelled at him ,irritated.

"You were doing fine, you didn't look like  you wanted help in the first place." He replied.

"You want my help? The milk is overflowing." He pointed towards the milk that was now all over the stove while trying not to laugh .

"Ohh noo - pass me a cloth !" You freaked out and ran to get kitchen gloves.

You put the gloves on  your right hand and moved the vessel from the burner .
After that with your left hand, you picked up the hot burner without thinking.

You dropped it the moment you picked it.
"OWW!" You belted.

"What? What's  wrong? " Jungkook who had gone to look for a cloth came back running to find you running towards the sink.

"I - i burned my fingers - oww... " You hissed in pain as the cold water touched your fingers thay was way too red.

"How did you burn it in the first place?" He asked coming closer to inspect the burned fingers .

"I touched the burner." You said awkwardly.

"You what ?" He started laughing.

"Who would touch a burner that was  burning not a minute ago !" He was now laughing so hard you felt like punching his face if it was not for your burning fingers now.

"Jungkook -  the pain is just getting worse ..." You began to panick since you realized the pain was not going away.

"Is it? Let me see.."  He asked before taking your hand in his.

"That is going to hurt for a while.. i suggest you put ice on it. " He said.

"Are you sure ? I dont think we are supposed to do that." You quaked while watching him bring some ice cubes.

"Im older than you. Trust me. " He reassured you.

_____

Even after half an hour,the pain would not subside and now you heard Jin's car.

You went to your door ready to open it for him and to tell him about your burned fingers.

"Oppa,how was your day?" You asked as Jin kept his bag on the couch.

"It was hectic, yours?" He enquired back.

"Well.. every thing was good till i burned my finger. " You said.

"You burned your finger? How?"

"Someone was stupid enough to touch a hot burner. " Jungkook answered for you.

"Omg - how clumsy are you? "

"Defenitely not as bad as Joon. " You joked.

"Well then, did you show  it under flowing water?" He enquired.

"Yeah , I did. I even put ice on it."

"You put ice on it? Who told you that you should put ice on a burned area?"

Jin's question made you freeze.
I knew it,i knew i shouldn't have trusted Jungkook- that idiot!

"Jungkook told me to. Wasn't i supposed to? What is going to happen now?" You asked.

"It's not like you must not put ice on it, it is not necessary to put ice in it. You jsut have to show it under flowing water. " He reassured you.

"Oh... are you sure ?"

"I am older than you. Plus,i am a doctor. Trust me." He said before going to his room.

"You know what happened the last time i trusted someone older than me." You muttered.