Hotel Night

The Kim family was on a vacation and was staying at a hotel. The eight of you had retired back to your respective rooms after a whole day's sight seeing . Namjoon was with Yoongi, Jin with Taehyung,Jungkook with Jimin and you were with Hoseok.

You were on your side of the bed, scrolling through your phone and Hoseok was getting ready for a bath.

Suddenly the telephone started ringing.

" Who is this? " You asked the caller.

"Hello dearrr... How are you dearrr?" Said a guy in the other end with a fake English accent.

Not able bear the loud volume, you put the phone away from your ear.

" I asked you who you are! What do you need?! " You asked annoyingly.

" Send pix dear..." The guy said, ignoring your question.

"Go to hell ! " You spat before ending the call.

What kind of people ,Geez!

The phone didn't ring any more and so you decided to listen to some songs. Putting your earbuds, you leaned back onto the bed and zoned out, concentrating on the music. Hoseok had come out by now and was sitting next to you, on his phone.

The phone started ringing again. Since you were wearing earphones, you didn't hear it ringing and so Hoseok attended the call.

" Hello, Who is this? " Hoseok asked

" Heeyy, why you discon- who you are??" The guy with the fake accent across the end of the line, thinking it to be you, had started the conversation in a flirty way but then he realised it was not a girl this time.

" Who am I ? You called me and you're asking me who I am?! " Hoseok shot back.

" No - you're the one who called me first! " The other guy defended himself.

Pissed off, Hoseok ended the call letting out a frustrated groan. Seeing a change of mood in your brother, you removed the earphones and asked him what's wrong.

" It was just some idiot trying to mess with me. " Hoseok replied with a Tsk.

" You got a call too? Funny, cause a flirt called me too." You laughed.

" Oh that's why he sounded that way when he first talked. " Hoseok whispered to himself.

" What? " You asked him. The phone rang again.

" Ugh, Might be the flirt again. " You said .

" Whoever it is this time ,he is getting a piece of my mind. " Hoseok said before picking up the ringing phone .

" Listen to me you big ass babboon voiced idiot! -you call in this number once again, then im-"

" Uh... Sir, I'm the hotel staff-i just called to make sure if you needed anything *cough*." The guy said awkwardly.

" Ahem... Oh.. Uh, haha-yeah, sorry about that - there's nothing that we need. " Hoseok replied with an awkward laugh before ending the call and face palming.

" Who is it, Oppa? " You asked him, confused.

" I just yelled at a hotel staff for no reason. The poor guy got frightened, he even squeaked in the end..." Hoseok replied.

---

After making sure there would be no more calls coming, the two of you went back to your phones when suddenly the lamp on the dressing table switched off. Thinking it to be loose connection, you walked over to switch it back on. No sooner did you get back and sit on the bed, the light went off again.

" Hobi, can you turn that light on? " You asked Hoseok to which he nodded and switched it on.

As soon as he reached the bed ,it flickered on and off again. The two of you looked up from the phone and to each other in confusion. Then the light came back again, automatically. The two of you whipped your heads towards the dressing table. Then the light went off again.

You blinked.

It switched back on.

" Hobi... " You gulped.

"...what's happening? " You asked, your voice shaking with fear.

The lamp went off again. Within a second it turned on. And off. And on. And off. And on. And off.

" I-I don't know, it's probably just a loose connection. L-let me go check. "
Saying this, Hoseok slowly walked towards the table, his hands stretched in a defence position. The moment he reached, the lamp's bulb burst and Hoseok didn't waste time in giving a shriek and running back to you.

" Problem solved if there's no more bulb, eh? " Hoseok said with a half-smile.

You sighed in relief.

And then,the lamp on the either sides of the bed went off.

" Aaahhhhhh! " The two of you screamed together. You jumped from the bed.

" Y/n-stand next to me! " With each step you took, the lamp would switch on and off.

The two of you were clutching onto each other now.

" I think this room is -" Before you could finish, the wardrobe slowly started creaking open.

"Wasn't it locked? " Hoseok whispered,his grip on your shoulders tightening.

" Yeah... " You responded, while staring at the wardrobe.

"AaahhhHhh! Run y/n !Run! Get out!! " Hoseok screeched while dashing out.

The two of you slammed the door to your rooms shut and was standing on the corridor,panting ,gasping for air. No sooner did you calm down, you heard something fall inside the room.

Without a second thought, you ran to the next room that had Jungkook and Jimin and started thudding on the door screaming for them to open.

" What do you need, huh?! " Jungkook asked you annoyingly after opening the door.

You didn't wait to explain but dashed to his bed before covering yourself with pillows and blankets.

" What's going on?" Jimin who had just come out of the bathroom asked,not looking at the bed you were curled up in as he was busy drying his hair.

"Oh, Y/n it's you. Wait, why are you here curled up like that?" He asked once his eyes fell on you.

Jungkook and Hoseok had come in too by now,the latter looking so pale.

" Why are the two of you so pale? Did you see a roach or something?? " Jungkook asked before letting out a snicker.

" That room is haunted. " You and Hoseok said seriously.

" Haunted? Seriously, you guys are crazy. " Jungkook said through his laugh.

" What made you think the room is haunted? " Jimin asked,eyes squinting. If it was only Hoseok and if he had said that the room was haunted, Jimin would have laughed it off and teased the older. But you were saying it too and you almost never got frightened for small things.

Suddenly, the lamp on their dressing table started flickering on and off,making the four of you stare at the lamp with wide eyes.

" That! " Hoseok yelled, pointing to the lamp.

Inspired by the night during our school field trip few yrs back lol