Tip-Toes

Namjoon  watched from the corner of his eyes while reading a book ,as 8 yr old y/n  walked across the living room to the kitchen to take a stool.

Carrying the stool to the shelf filled with books, you put it down  and climbed on top of it.

"You want any help y/n ah?"   Namjoon  asked  looking up from the book now.

You didn't  respond except that small squeaks of struggle were coming out of your mouth.

You were on your toes,  your hands outstretched,  trying to get the book you wanted.  You tried severel times but in vain. Yet you were determined to get the book.

Your  brother, concluding  to himself that the little girl will only hurt herself,  stood up from the couch and walked towards you when -

"OPPAA -!" The little girl lost her footing . She waited for the impact of her little body hitting the floor ,followed by a fall of a load of books on her  little head but nothing happened.

You opened your eyes and saw your tall brother  shielding you, and a few  books scattered here  and there.

"Are you alright?" Your brother asked. He stood you up and dusted you,  making sure you weren't hurt.

"Are you hurt ,y/n?" He asked .

"No, oppa i am fine ." You smiled showing off your cute dimples that he  often  joked that you 'inherited' from him. 

"You should be more careful next time. And ask for help when one of us  are near. I dont want you falling down and breaking your bones. Alright?"
He said ruffling your smooth hair.

"Nae, Joon!" You grinned and after picking  up the book you struggled for, skipped to your room.