Dance

"Excuse me ma'am,  but we wanted to take names of students who are interested in dancing for our Annual Day Celebrations."
Your class was busy writing down notes when two seniors including Jimin came to your class.

"Sure. Go on, look for volunteers.  " Your teacher agreed.

You did not feel like participating in anything so you continued to write your notes. Many of your classmates volunteered including your best friend, Jinsoo.

" Y/n , why aren't  you giving your name? Come on ! It  will also be a good chance to bunk classes - come on !"
Jinsoo urged you.

"No ,no ,no way ! Have you seen me dancing?  Even a seal does better than me - and who do you think will write notes for us if we bunk classes?"  You were finding all kinds of reasons to not  participate.

"Hey - y/n . Heard you're a pretty good dancer- you would do good for a lead . I have written  your name already.  "  When you heard Jimin say this, you stopped trying to confront Jinsoo and was now glaring at him which you got a cheeky smile in return.

"Waa , y/n that was quick! " Jinsoo  teased you.

" All those who have  your names wil have  an audition the period after lunch. "  The  guy who accompanied Jimin gave  a final notice before he was dragged out by your brother.

___
You were literally dragged to the auditorium right after the bell rang signalling the end of lunch break.
Soon everyone reached and was  gathered.

One by One everyone auditioned.  Many were selected, many weren't.  The ones who were selected got their roles and now the only ones who had to show their skills were you,Jinsoo and another guy.

The guy got the chance to dance first but he was not up to the expectations. You were starting to get nervous because you thought he did awesome but he wasn't selected. Jinsoo wasn't bad either and there was only one spot  left -  The lead dancer's. It was going to be either you or Jinsoo.

"Y/n, i don't care if you get selected and i don't.  Give it your best.  I know you will get it.  "  Jinsoo said when she heard her name being called.

She went on stage , you gave her a thumps up and then the music started. She started dancing beautifully. You were so immersed in it you didnt realize the song had ended.

"That was good Jinsoo, we will tell you  if you  are selcted after y/n's performance."
One of the seniors who judged  told her.

She came down   from the stage and wished you luck when you got up  to go onstage.

As you walked towards the stage, you looked at Jinsoo who was fangirling for you silently. You then reached the stage and took your position. You looked down and saw Jimin gesturing you  to take a deep breath and then smiled at you which made your mind clear of everything.

You closed your eyes and took a deep breath.

"Okay now, feel the beat y/n-ah, feel the music. And when you do, your body will respond automatically. Whenever you go onstage, remember that I'm right next to you, dancing with you." You remembered Jimin's advice.

"When you dance, think with your soul. Listen to that voice inside you."  Hoseok's advice rang inside your head as you started dancing, totally uncontrolled. Your body  was automatically moving to the music.

You opened your eyes, completely in control.  You could see Jimin smiling proudly and staring at  you dance.

Finally the music  stopped.  And then,  applause. You came down the stairs and Jimin told you that you were selected and that you would be the lead dancer, him as your partner. Jinsoo was selected too and the both of you squealed with happiness.

"Who taught you that ,girl? You were killing it out there! " Jinsoo squealed.

"Nuh-uh , it's a secret."  You grinned.
As you got up to go , you got several glares and murmurs which you assumed was because you got the lead dancer's role and secondly because you were paired with The Park Jimin   as some people referred to him.