139 | Unmasked

"H-HOW DID YOU...HOW did you know this?" River confusingly asks as he continues to look at Max who was still trying his best to keep himself from fainting.

     Max didn't answer him, but then, in between the silence and confusion, Siren starts laughing out loud. "You're looking for Serenity's killer? I totally forgot about that!" Siren says, her laughter echoing in the dark and quiet room.

    River looks at Siren who was clearly mocking him. Though you couldn't see his face because of his mask, you could spot a tear stream down from his eyes. As soon as Max saw such tears, he angrily looks back at Siren and asks her, "What the fuck is funny?"

    The room automatically became tense as Siren stops laughing. She slowly looks at Max, her expression now completely different from before. "What did you just say?" She asks him.

    Max takes a deep breath and eases himself. With the rope tied around his wrist, Max does his best to stand from the floor so he could level Siren. When he was finally looking straight at him, he repeats himself. "I asked what was so funny...Payton Wolfe?"

    As soon as everyone heard what Max said, the members of Crazy 8 started whispering at each other. Some were surprised, some didn't know who the owner of the name was, but Felix, who was still just quietly listening on the side, couldn't help but cover his mouth in complete shock.

     "P-Payton? Payton...is Siren?" Felix confusingly asks. He couldn't really understand what was going on, but then he started to remember the time when he wasn't a member of Crazy 8 yet. Payton was the one who invited Felix to join the Omega Society, and a few days after that, he received the purple kiss mark.

    All this time, Payton was the one who gave him that mark. The Payton who Felix knew as someone who was timid, anxious, and occasionally strict, was actually the crazy leader of the marquis. All of it was just a mask to hide the real one.

    Felix was completely fooled.

     "What's so funny about a brother trying to find justice for his sister who died in complete pain? What's so funny about spreading rumors regarding secrets that people are desperately trying to run away from? What's so fucking funny about ruining friendships just for your own benefit? What's so funny Payton? Because it seems like you're the only one who's fucking laughing," Max angrily says, and Siren quickly lifts her hand to slap Max so hard that Max ended up losing balance.

     "Sinclaire!" River shouted, trying to stand from his seat again, but Sky was still pinning him down in his seat.

     "Sky let go!" River tried to beg, but his brother wouldn't let him move even an inch.

     "What's so funny? Is that what you're asking?" Siren asks as she kicks Max on the stomach, making Max gag. "What's funny is that all of you are so fucking sensitive! Who cares if your sister died? Who cares if your father fucks men? The reason why your secrets became a weapon is because you're all so fucking afraid of them. If you weren't only more open-minded then—"

     "I am seriously fucking tired of your shit!" Someone suddenly shouts from behind her. Siren turns around, and to her surprise, Felix comes running towards her. Siren was so flustered that Felix ended up grabbing Siren and tackling her down until she fell to the ground beside Max.

     "You think we're members of Crazy 8 because we wanted to?! You fucking blackmailed us Siren! As soon as you receive the purple kiss mark, it means you have the power to destroy not only us but our family's reputation! We had no choice but to join, you fucking asshole!" Felix forms his hand into a fist and was about to throw a strong punch, but then someone suddenly grabs his arm and pulls him away, practically throwing him to the other side of the room.