210 | Day 02

"BROTHERHOODS...THIS IS THE official opening ceremony of Day 2! May the best fighter win!" The host shouted, and all the white uniforms of the House of Rooks started stomping their feet and chanting the words, "March! March! March!" Referring to their house motto, "Forward we march." While some were spilling water at them like they were a bunch of animals.

     "And here I thought the white uniforms in J.S High had no class," Felix comments, making Cj laugh as they avoided the water falling above them.

     "You haven't explored the other houses yet, little guy. The students of J.S High are a lot more respectful of the system than the other houses. But you'll be more surprised to see what happens at a school where everyone is a brotherhood. House of Pawns is a literal hell," Cj explains, trying to frighten Felix, but Felix only looks back at the leader annoyingly because he referred to him as 'little guy.'

     All the brotherhoods were still waiting for the next announcement, but as the cheers and chants overwhelmed them, the large metal door in the middle suddenly opened, revealing the school president of Roland's High School for Boys, President Roland Salvi.

     The students cheered even louder as the tired-looking president walked to the middle of the courtyard with an envelope. A student also followed behind him, holding a wireless microphone.

     As soon as the president stopped in the middle of the brotherhoods, everyone automatically became quiet in an instant. "Good day, brotherhoods, and welcome to my school, Roland's High School for Boys," Roland says before giving out a loud sigh, the dark bags under his eyes showing that the president has not properly slept for days now.

     "After careful deliberation, you will be having your first actual battle in this House. Pardon the other schools who have stadiums and domes, but this prison courtyard will be your battle grounds," Roland says, sighing again before showing everyone the envelope he's holding.

     "In this envelope, we will know how many members are allowed to battle for today's round. Last year, five members were asked to battle, and that is the minimum number of members a brotherhood must have. So for today's battle, the number of members who will battle is..."

     Roland paused, and then he opened the envelope and sighed again. Everyone was waiting as he leaned towards the microphone. After looking at the students in black uniforms in front of him, he finally announces, "Three."

     The brotherhoods practically gasped at the news. Three members are only allowed for today's battle. This was a disadvantage to brotherhoods who are more used to battling with a bigger group.

      "You have 2 minutes to discuss who will battle in this round. The timer starts now," Roland announces. Right after that, an empty wall suddenly opens up, revealing a large screen that shows the timer.

     The other brotherhoods were in a panic, trying to see who the perfect members would be for this particular battle. After all, Day 02's battle is more on teamwork and speed, not just strength. But as the other brotherhoods were quickly discussing their final decisions, the brotherhoods from J.S High and St. George Academy didn't move a single muscle. They already anticipated this from the very beginning. Whether they'll need three members or ten, they already know who they'll use.

     "The countdown is over. The participants for this battle, please stay in the courtyard. For the other members, please proceed to the door on the left," a voice suddenly announces.

     There was no backing out now as a large door on the left opened. The brotherhood who weren't going to battle started walking inside the building while the three representatives stayed behind.