257 | Congratulations

THE SUDDEN ANNOUNCEMENT WAS such a shock that everyone in the hall was utterly stunned. Denzel revealed three important things in one night. First was his inevitable marriage with Edith Thompson. Second was the subtle reveal of the company's not-so-new name, which was Lemieux Corporation. But what really surprised everyone was the third announcement about the new chairman, who was none other than Estelle Lilith D'Amboise-Lemieux, the wife of the late Ulysses Leigh Lemieux.

     Dorothea Sinclaire ended up fainting, so she was immediately escorted out. The rest of the Sinclaires left as well because of the humiliation that their own flesh and blood brought upon them. Donato Sinclaire was even shouting profanities at Denzel, which was such a scandal. Janet and Janus, on the other hand, stayed behind to finish the entire show.

     "Apologies for that embarrassing exhibition. My family was just a little emotional," Denzel explained before turning to one of the board of directors, who was the representative of the Delton Family, another major stockholder of the company who unfortunately couldn't attend the party.

     It seems the director already knew about this announcement because he joined Denzel, holding an envelope containing all the transfer files that would make this announcement official. A long table was then brought to the stage. Denzel called for Estelle to take a seat in the middle. CEO Jean-Paul D'Amboise and Vice President Emmanuel Arnault—Luna's closest friend—also joined them.

     While everyone was getting ready, Max noticed that Edith was talking to Marcus and telling him to head to the stage as well since he had to sign something, too, but Marcus was shaking his head, refusing to stand. Max knew what his brother was thinking, so he took a deep breath and headed towards the Sinclaire's table. He smiled at Janus and Janet, but he walked past them and went straight to his brother, who was bouncing his leg up and down because of how nervous he was about all this.

     "Maximillian..." Edith said in shock when she saw the young heir stand before them.

     "May I speak to my brother?" Max asks in such a respectful manner that it surprises Edith, considering how the two of them have always clashed whenever they see each other.

     "O-of course," Edith answers, looking at his son for one last time before waking away to give the two their privacy.

     "Brother, what are you doing? The others are waiting for you on stage," Max asks when Edith leaves.

     Marcus turned to face him, surprising Max when he saw that he was actually moments away from shedding a tear. So when Max noticed this, he immediately kneeled and grabbed his brother for a tight embrace. As soon as Max does this, Marcus finally lets the tears fall.

     The guests, especially their friends, saw this and smiled warmly. The photographers were also about to approach them to take a picture, but a small figure stopped them.

    "You are to take pictures of Madam Lilith and the others. Don't push it," Felix Campbell, the heir to Campbell Beverage Inc., says with an eerie smile, instantly making the photographers give Max and his brother their moment.

     "Why are you crying?" Max whispers while he continues to hug Marcus, but Marcus can't even put words in his mouth, so Max can only hug his brother even tighter.

     "I told you, didn't I? Take everything our father intends to give you. Do not think about me or worry about anything. You are now a Sinclaire. And no matter what, I will always love you," Max tells him.

     "But..."

     "Just consider it as payment for all the horrible things my mother has done to you. Now, come on. They're waiting for you..."