255 | Anniversary

"ATTENTION HONORED GUESTS. THE Sinclaire family will be arriving shortly," a voice announces, instantly making everyone in the hall gather before the entrance. While waiting for Denzel and the others to arrive, two important company figures entered first. It was none other than the CEO of Sinclaire Corp., Jean-Paul D'Amboise, and the Vice President, Emmanuel Arnault.

     The guests start clapping as the two finally make their appearance. But despite being significant members of the company, none of their families were invited to attend. Some speculated it's because they're from the Lemieux family, while others explained that having them as representatives is enough.

     "Chief executive Jean, it's good to see you," Jacob Mills, the CEO of the Mills Tobacco Corp., greets as he walks towards Jean to shake his hand. "Congratulations on the anniversary. Three centuries is quite impressive."

     "Oh, come on now. The Mills Corporation only has 60 more years to go. You'll get there eventually," Jean jokingly says with a chuckle as he reaches out to firmly shake Jacob's hand back.

     "You didn't come with your grandfather?" Jacob asks as soon as Jean pulls his hand away from him.

     "My grandfather? The closest relative of the Lemieux Family? You want the Sinclaires to riot?" Jean asks back, and Jacob doesn't know if he's joking or not because Jean starts laughing again.

     "By the way, I heard Leigh invited your brother to this party too. Have you spoken to him yet? I heard that you've been very distant from each other," Jean asks next, almost jokingly. Since Jacob wondered about his grandfather, he thought it would be fitting to ask something similar.

     "Really? I haven't seen him yet. If we end up crossing paths with each other, I might give him the pleasure of nodding my head towards him," Jacob answers with a grin, and Jean can only chuckle.

     Family drama is always the most interesting.

     "What about your cousin? Will he be joining the rest of the Sinclaire?"

     Instead of answering, Jean just smirked before shrugging his shoulder. Soon after their short exchange, the band stops playing, and the lights dim. Everyone quieted down as they moved closer to the entrance, acting like they were waiting for a celebrity to arrive.

     "Looks like we'll have to chat later. It was a pleasure to see you again, Jacob," Jean says, patting Jacob's shoulder before joining Vice President Arnault.

     "Ladies and gentlemen, I humbly present to you all...the Sinclaire Family!" A voice finally announces.

     Everyone starts clapping as the doors open, revealing the family to be envied by all. The first group to arrive was the second eldest, Dante Sinclaire, and his family. Dante smiled and waved at the crowd, who secretly whispered amongst each other while they passed, making sure he didn't see them gossiping right in front of him. Dante isn't as well-liked compared to his older brother despite being a company president, especially since it is said that he has been eyeing the chairman position for a very long time now. There are even rumors that the instances where Max was kidnapped were because of him. But of course, such rumors are better off unspoken.

     "Is he there?" Krist whispered close to Cj's ear.

     Cj doesn't even have to know who Krist was referring to to know who he was looking for. So Cj takes a deep breath and stretches his neck, looking past the crowd for a better view. The first person he saw was Dante and his wife, Bernadette. Behind the couple were their two youngest, 14-year-old Davina Sinclaire and Brantley Sinclaire. Followed by Elizabeth Sinclaire, the management head of Sinclaire Italy, who threw water at Max during their grandmother's birthday.