153 | Awkward Encounter

VIKTOR EXHALED THE SMOKE inside his mouth as he stared at the moon's reflection on the ocean. He was in his bedroom resting after a tiresome day of training. He planned to mess around with some of the white uniforms but their adviser was with them so he didn't get to have any fun. But the other reason why he agreed to come on this trip with them was so that he could have an excuse to come back here again. After all, this island was owned by the Stepanov Clan, a clan that perished a long time ago.

     "Viktor," someone calls out, but Viktor ignores them and just places his cigarette back in his mouth like he didn't hear anyone.

     "Everyone's drinking at PHD's room. They're looking for you," Tanis Hendrix, Viktor's right-hand man, says as he heads to the balcony to stand beside Viktor.

     "Tell them I'm tired. I'm not in the mood right now," he says, exhaling the smoke again. When Tanis saw the color of the smoke, Tanis couldn't help but chuckle. "That's Mill's brand. Didn't know you're using it," he comments.

     "It tastes like strawberries," Viktor simply says, not even explaining why he's openly using Cj's cigarettes now. 

     "I bet you're feeling weird for being here," Tanis then says, leaning his back on the balustrade and looking at Viktor. "You told me the other day that you used to go with your family here. Was it really a good idea to let them use this?"

     Viktor inhales the smoke on his cigarette before answering Tanis's question. When he already finished the cigarette, he throws it on the floor and steps on it. "This is just an island. Nothing special about it at all," Viktor says, and Tanis knew in an instant that his words were empty. Viktor had such sad eyes, but Tanis doesn't say anything.

     "Just let me be. I want to rest," Viktor then says, and Tanis sighs and nods his head, bowing to Viktor before leaving his room. When he was gone, Viktor looks at the horizon again, trying his best to keep his emotions in check. But as he was enjoying his alone time, he notices two figures downstairs, talking about something completely serious, something that Viktor wouldn't be able to predict.

     "I like you, Max. Please go out with me," Keigo says with such a serious expression that Max was left speechless. He didn't know if Keigo was being serious or if he was just messing with him, but what he does know is that he has to do something now before things get out of hand.

     Max has never been confessed to by anyone other than Gavriil, but the thing with them was different since they've known each other for a while now. It wasn't awkward because both of them knew about their feelings before anyone said a thing.

     Keigo on the other hand was the opposite. Max barely knows him, and for a while, Max thought that he was a stalker, so the sudden confession came to him like a shock. It's like when a guy bullies the person they like and they confess to them out of the blue. Being in that situation was what Max was feeling right now.

     "I'm sorry," Max finally says since it was the only thing he could think of at the moment. Whatever Keigo's intentions are, that was the best response for now.

     "I'm sorry because I—"

     "It's because of the person you're talking to on the phone earlier, right?" Keigo suddenly cuts off, surprising Max. "You were talking to someone with such a sweet smile so I could only assume that it's someone important to you. I understand that, but I'm still not going to give up," Keigo tells him with complete determination, leaving Max surprised even more.

     "I fell in love with you when I watched you during Mr. Brains & Brawn, and I've wanted to get close to you ever since. I know this may be strange to you since I'm a guy, but I hope you could give me a chance."