190 | Moving Too Fast

"ARE YOU TELLING us that Jontell fucking Rosario was once Max's ex?!" Brave shouts, making Krist hit his head so he could calm down.

     BND's brotherhood base, the greenhouse, was once again crowded as the others invaded the area. Members of Jokers were at the side playing cards with some of the dukes, while Cigarettes—except for Cj and his right-hand Anthony—left and went back to their own base.

     The dukes Marcus, Hans, and Arjun, the counts Cj and Anthony, the barons Brave and Krist, and the marquee, Siren, or in this case, River, were sitting at a circular table while Ari, Felix, Ervin, and Keigo were standing on the side like they're reporting something important.

     After eating their lunch at the Great Hall, the group decided to look for a private area where they could talk about the matter regarding Max. And despite Hans's constant disapproval, the others decided to conduct the secret meeting here in their base instead.

     "Well, Max didn't exactly say they were TOGETHER together. If that makes sense," Ari, who was standing beside his friends, explains.

     "So they're like fuck buddies?" Cj then blurts out, and this time, it's Marcus's turn to hit him.

     Cj didn't get mad and just shrugged his shoulder at the sudden violence. "What? It's the only explanation. What else could their relationship be if not that."

     "Let me remind you again that if we look at the timeline in which they could have met, Max would have been fifteen. So please, if you say another word, I'm gonna shoot you," Marcus threatens. Cj chuckles at that, but he doesn't say anything anymore like what the duke instructed.

     Anthony took a deep breath and was about to pull out the cigarette stick from his pocket but stopped when he saw Arjun glaring at him. So the count just takes another deep breath and puts the stick back before saying, "Weren't you aware of this? During the time Max lost his memory, you were the closest one he had."

     "That wasn't the case at all," Marcus says with a sad look on his face. "After his accident, the family started giving him medicine to suppress his memories. I was so guilty that I couldn't even look him in the eye during that time. We got more distant, and Max was rarely even home."

     "That's probably when he met Jontell," River then adds, and the others couldn't help but agree.

     "But out of all the heirs he could meet in this god-forsaken country, he just had to meet Jontell," Brave exclaims. "He must be very unlucky."

     "Jontell has a very bad reputation that's even worse than yours," Hans says as he looks at Cj, and Cj just grins in response. "So it never crossed my mind that he'd have friends, let alone friends with someone like Max."

     "He probably found out he had amnesia and used that to his advantage. I'm pretty sure Max wouldn't just make friends with him if he remembered who he really is," Arjun explains.

     While the leaders and the right-hand men were discussing the issue regarding Max and Jontell's relationship, Ari, Ervin, Felix, and Keigo looked at each other before looking back at the brotherhoods. Ari was encouraging Felix to speak up since he's also a brotherhood member himself, so with no other choice, Felix cleared his throat, automatically making them stop talking to look at him.

    "I'm sorry to interrupt, but I think we're focusing on the wrong issue here," Felix bravely tells them, surprising the others.

     Keigo, the new friend in the group, gulps in terror. He thought they'd get mad at Felix for speaking over them, but to his surprise, the brotherhoods stopped and agreed with him.