175 | Friends

"M-MAX...PLEASE HELP ME," Felix says, his voice trembling. Max's entire body freezes as he listens in to his friend's soft cries, almost like he was making sure that no one would be able to hear him. But just before Max could even say anything, Felix suddenly ended the call.

     "Shit." Max quickly dials Felix's number again, but the number was already out of reach, almost making Max throw his phone away in frustration.

     Max runs back to his room, and without even thinking about it, he immediately changes his clothes and grabs his car keys. Soon after, he opens his door and got ready to leave, but then Étienne welcomes him outside, holding his folded clothes. "Master Leigh, where are you going?" he asks in confusion while looking at Max from head to toe.

     "I need to go somewhere. Just tell Marcus that I'll be back before dinner," Max replies, patting his butler's shoulder before running off to the parking lot where his car could be found.

     Max hops on and starts the engine before driving out of their mansion, as soon as he got out, he puts his phone to the side and calls Ervin and Ari. He turns on the speaker, and after a couple of rings, the two answer the call.

     "Hey, Max, good morning," Ari greets with a happy tone.

     "What's up Max? Why'd you suddenly call?" Ervin then asks, panting heavily since he was out on the jog just before Max called him.

     Max clenches the steering wheel and glances at his phone before saying, "I talked to Felix. I called him, asking if he was alright, but then this marquis suddenly started crying and told me he needed help."

     "What?!" the two shouted in unison.

     "Are you for real? He actually cried?" Ari asks instead, missing the point that Felix could possibly be in danger.

     "Really Aristotle, our friend could be in serious shit and you're more concerned about him crying?" Ervin fires back, and the two started arguing again like how they always are.

     Max takes a deep breath and massages his temple before glancing at his phone again. "Guys! Are you for real right now? Felix is in trouble, I just know it. I should have known something was wrong. I wasn't there for him so I—"

     "Hey, stop right there Mr. Sinclaire. This isn't your fault. If there was someone to be blamed, it would have been us. We were literally with him the whole time but we didn't do anything," Ari quickly says, claiming the guilt so Max couldn't feel bad.

     "I agree with Ari, but we shouldn't be taking the blame either. We should think of something to help instead," Ervin then adds, and Max nods his head to agree to it.

     "Alright, I already have a plan. We're going to be meeting with someone, so I'll need you guys to be ready. We'll meet up at the location I'm going to send you," Max explains, and the two agreed.

     As soon as Max ended the call, he stops the car at a red light and takes his phone to send a message to a particularly skilled white uniform. Just seconds after he sent the message, a reply quickly appears on Max's screen, showing an address.

     Max reads the address carefully, and as soon as the stop light turns green, he turns to the next street and steps on the accelerator pedal, driving even faster.

     "Felix, wherever you are, please be safe. We'll come to you soon."

...

Max arrives at the location faster than he expected. He also sent the address to Ari and Ervin, so the two would probably arrive soon. Max parks beside the pavement and steps out of his car, looking at the building in front of him.