149 | New Chapter

"RANK 11, FOURTH-YEAR student of class A, former rank 9, Vijay Devgan, with a total of 9259 merit points...gaffer." The voice announces, and everyone in the Great Hall became completely quiet. No one said a word, but then Ari, whose mouth was still wide open from shock, removes his eyes from the screen so he could slowly turn to his dear friend. When he was now looking back at Max, Ari tells him with a soft voice, "You did it..."

     Max continues to stare at the screen with disbelief. He couldn't say a word either.

     "You fucking did it," Ari repeated.

     When Max finally removed his eyes from the screen to look back at Ari, Ari quickly stood from his seat. The two of them stare at each other, and after a couple of seconds, Ari grabs Max by the shoulder and shouted at the top of his lungs, "Maximilian Leigh Sinclaire, you're now in the top 10!"

     Ari's voice echoed inside the hall. His voice was so loud that it woke every single white uniform who was there. In that very moment, the white uniforms who once doubted and despised him, stood up from their seats and started to cheer. It was a rare occurrence, but everyone became one for the first time.

     Krist, who had his arm around Max, doesn't say anything but pulls Max and embraces him as the rest of the members of Jokers and BND ran to his side to congratulate him too. Even the members of Cigarettes and Crazy 8 who were at the balcony were on their feet, clapping their hands as well.

     "That's what I'm talking about!" Ervin shouts, running to Max to kiss his head. Even Felix—the devil that he was—had tears in his eyes because of how proud he was for what Max was able to achieve.

     "You're growing up so fast," Marcus tells his brother before patting his head like he always does. Max laughs, but then he grabs his brother and hugs him too. The gesture surprised Marcus, but he smiles and hugs his brother back.

     "Thank you," Max whispers to Marcus before letting go of him and approaching Cj and River who were still in their seats.

     "Congratulations Max," Siren says, and Max quickly stood in front of Siren and bowed in front of her, showing the marquis his deep appreciation.

     "It's all thanks to you Siren. Thank you," he says, and Siren just smiles and nods her head, glad that Max was able to achieve what he was able to achieve today.

     Cj, who acted like he didn't care, continued eating his snack as if nothing happened, so Krist grabbed his arm and forces him to stand before pushing him toward Max. Cj curses at his best friend, but then he looks at Max and clears his throat before saying, "Congratulations Max. You deserve it."

     Max smiles and nods his head, acknowledging the count's effort.

     As his protectors congratulated him, the members of the Omega Society suddenly went to his side to congratulate him too. Krist and the others were surprised because they honestly thought that Max didn't have other white uniform friends, but they're glad that Max actually has them now. This was a huge step. This was going to change everything.

     When everyone finally got back to their seats, Max looks back at his protectors and bowed in front of them. It wasn't just a simple bow, but it was a deep bow that he kept doing for at least 10 seconds.

     Krist, Hans, Cj and Siren looked at each other before smiling like proud parents. When Max stood back up, the announcer says, "The lower ranks have now been announced. May we now welcome the top 10 highest ranked students of J.S High."