145 | Do-over

"AND AS WE REACH the end of our activities, I would like to thank all of you for still staying in this society despite the obstacles that we encountered this club month. As your club leader, I am really thankful to every single one of you," Max says with a bow, making the members of Omega Society clap for him.

     The month of January has finally ended, which means that the tiresome club activities are over. Despite everything that happened, Max can say that he genuinely enjoyed his days being an omega. Choosing this club was definitely the right choice.

     "And since this is the last day, Felix will be giving us the total points we acquired, including the time Sky was our advisor. Just a disclaimer, the points we got are lower than average compared to the bigger clubs or the other societies, but what's important is that we were able to fulfill our roles as the omegas, so I hope we continue to improve so next year we can acquire more points." Max explains as Felix approaches them with a piece of paper at hand.

    Felix stands in the middle of the room before announcing, "In the span of a month, Omega society was able to acquire is a total of 750 merit points. Congratulations."

     The members started clapping and cheering because they honestly didn't expect that much point despite Max telling them that it was lower than average. Since almost all of them are first-year students, 750 points is actually a lot.

     "Then I guess that's—" before Max could even finish his sentence, the bell suddenly rings, indicating that it was now their lunch break. "Well everyone, we'll part ways here. Do well this semester and end the school year with flying colors. Good luck omega society!" Max tells everyone, and to his surprise, the members ran to his side and suddenly grabbed him for a group hug. Even Felix was forced to join in.

     Max was surprised, but he smiles and hugs everyone back.

     "Thank you, Max!"

     "See you around Max!"

     As the members went out of their small club room one after the other, Max sighed and headed to his locker to get his things.

     "Everyone's acting like we'll never see each other again. We'll still get assignments from time to time, right?" Felix asks heading to his locker to take his things too.

     "Oh, no need to pretend. I know you'll miss them too. It's different when you're heading straight to the clubroom in the morning instead of your classroom, you know?" Max asks, and Felix clears his throat before awkwardly agreeing with his friend.

     As Max is closing his locker, he spots Eren who was still in the room, cleaning the whiteboard with a dirty cloth. Max smiles and approaches him. He then drapes his arm around his shoulder before saying, "You've been busy recently Eren. What have you been up to?"

    Eren flinches and automatically looked flustered by Max's comment, almost making Max and Felix laugh. "W-Well...you see I—"

     "This won't do. Looks like you still need a lot to learn with that reaction. Ask Felix for some tips. He's very good at pretending," Max says as he lets go of Eren who was left surprised by what he just heard.

     "How did you know?" Eren asks in shock.

      "You're talking to the brotherhood tamer kid. Why wouldn't he know?" Felix then adds, making Max laugh because of how ridiculous that sounded.

     "Well, work hard Eren or you might even be chosen as one of the seven executives," Max says before finally walking towards the exit. But before taking their leave, Eren suddenly shouts, "I promise to work hard so I could proudly stand behind you too, Max. Just you wait."