189 | An Old Acquaintance

"I'M NOT REALLY SOMEONE important. But if that door opens and you're still in the way...well, believe me, I will be the least of your concern," Ari seriously tells them, making everyone look their way.

     "You fuckers, he's a Rose," Nox from the House of Rooks whispered.

     "And what does that mean?" Gengxin whispers back.

     Nox stares at the brooch on Ari's collar and swallows the lump in his throat before answering, "That means he's under the third strongest brotherhood among all the brotherhood houses."

     "He basically means we're fucked," Nicolás straightforwardly tells them, making them look back at Ari and the other white uniforms beside him.

     Kingston—standing in front of Max's group—tries to understand the situation before doing anything. Surprisingly, Kingston isn't crazy enough to make a scene. He knows it's best to back away, especially when this isn't even his territory. "Let's just look for a different seat," he says in defeat. But just when he and the rest of his friends were about to leave the table, the door to the Great Hall finally opened, making not only Nox and the others nervous but also the white uniforms.

     The hall was quiet as a group of men in black uniforms appeared. Two of them were teasing each other when they got inside, but they instantly stopped when they noticed everyone was quiet.

     "What the fuck is going on here?" The count, Cj—the leader of the infamous rank five brotherhood, Cigarettes, asks while looking around the hall.

     "Are you guys having a party? Because you're all acting like we're crashing it," the baron, Mj—the leader of the infamous rank six brotherhood, Jokers, then jokingly adds, making his jesters laugh with him. But when no one else did the same, Master Joker rolled his eyes and said, "Tough crowd."

     The members of Jokers and Cigarettes start walking in the middle. And when Kingston and the others realized they were actually approaching their table, they finally understood why everyone was so mad at them for wanting to take this seat.

     "Hmm, what's this?" Krist asks, staring at the guests in front of them.

     "H-Hello...sir...I mean, Master Joker. I'm Lennox Connery from the House of Rooks. We didn't know that this was your—"

    "I didn't ask you to speak, especially on these grounds, Rook," Krist suddenly interrupts, immediately making Nox move back and bow his head in terror. Even Nicolás, Magnus, and the quiet Asahi were starting to get nervous.

     Krist scratches the back of his head and looks at his underling, Ervin. Ervin touches his chest and bows his head to Master Joker before explaining the situation. "There is nothing for you to be worried about. We were just welcoming the guests as they have been acquainted with Max during Mr. Brains & Brawn," Ervin lies since he does not want to cause any unnecessary trouble.

     "Max?" Gengxin whispers under his breath. Confused as to why he was even mentioned. But then, when he saw Keigo, his eyes instantly widened in surprise.

    "Y-You...you were with Max. You visited our school two weeks ago," Gengxin realizes, surprising Keigo because he didn't expect Gengxin to remember him. As a huge pageant fan, this was very much of an honor for him.

    "I can't believe you remembered me. It was an honor to meet you last time," Keigo says with an excited smile.

     "You know each other?" Ari and Kingston asked at the same time.