*You're drunk*

*Requests : This is another one of my original ideas for a one-shot. Max and Lucas are not dating in this au and are just best friends, like in the previous one-shot. I hope you enjoy this one as much as the last one!

-

Max groaned, the sound of her buzzing phone waking her. It was late, almost too late to receive a phone call at this hour. The darkness of the night was nearly consuming Max in her bed, explaining why she'd been dead asleep two minutes earlier. Rubbing her tired eyes, Max tried her best to quickly answer. Her voice raspy and laced with sleep, Max cleared her throat, "Hello?" She asked, hearing no answer from the other line.

"Hello?" She repeated, still not hearing an answer from whoever decided to call at this hour. She presumed it was an accident or some lame prank call from her neighbours. "Fucking assholes," She mumbled, about to hang up. Though, with her finger on the button, she heard someone begin to slur on the other line. "Lucas, what the fuck?" Max grumbled, both irritated and confused. "Did I wake you?" He garbled, still in his right mind despite likely being drunk.

"Can you come get me?" He stammered, clearly intoxicated. "It's late, Lucas," Max sighed, already getting out of bed. "My mom is going to kill me," He tried, knowing his punishment would be more than intense. With this, Max squeezed her eyes shut. If Lucas was grounded, that meant he wouldn't be able to do her math homework anymore. The only reason she was passing the class was because of him. The least Max could do was go pick him up at some party.

It was a fair deal she supposed. She balanced the phone against her ear and shoulder as she slid her socks on, "I'm on my way," Though, Lucas already did do her homework, he would have to come up with additional ways to make it up to her. Max's house wasn't too far from Lucas's friend, Jason's house; the house where most parties were held in town. By now, she basically knew the directions like the back of her hand.

Surprisingly, this wasn't her first time coming to get Lucas. Just imagine how angry his parents would be if he randomly showed up at home in the middle of the night. Let alone drunk. So here was Max, parking in Jason's long driveway approximately ten minutes after Lucas had called her. Sure she was mad at him for waking her but she'd never leave him out here for dead. She needed her math homework done, that was all. With that, Max walked toward the loud house.

She was greeted with squawking music and several kids around her age dancing about the rooms. Taking in the strong scent of alcohol and body odor, Max pieced together that she was most definitely not a party person. With Lucas practically dragging her there, she had gone to a few parties before. It's safe to say she didn't stay for very long. Wandering to find Lucas, Max chortled to herself, "Jason is going to have a ball cleaning this up,"

Running into Patrick, another one of Lucas's teammates, the boy smirked at her, "Max? Didn't think you were the party type?" He exclaimed, loudly yelling over the music, "I'm not." She pursed her lips, pointing to her pyjama pants as she tried to walk past him. "Just getting Lucas," He stopped her, grabbing her wrist, "Can't he wait? I mean, you guys are just friends, right?" Max rolled her eyes, backing away from him as she did not have time for this.

"Goodbye Patrick," Seeing her short temper, some guys across the room snickered at her whistling. Another reason why Max hated parties; teen boys. She flipped them off, accidentally walking into Chrissy while she did. "Fuck," She swore, Chrissy automatically knowing why she was here. She too seemed like the only sober one other than Max. "He's over there," She pointed, Jason wrapping his arms around his girlfriend as she did. He waved to Max, looking her up and down.

Maybe she should've taken the time to change? "Lucas you're ride is here!" He called, tripping on his own two feet. Max thanked them as she walked to find Lucas sitting on a couch surrounded by girls. They all sat around him with the same look on their faces, pretending to listen intently as he blabbered. He rambled, explaining in further detail as he chugged down another drink. Interrupting his story, Max yanked the can from his grip. "Alright, that's enough for tonight, big guy,"

Lucas smiled looking up at her, "You came!" Max laughed, helping him up, "I wasn't just going to leave you here," The girls slowly disappeared, leaving just Max and Lucas together. "You're the best," He exaggerated, Max dragging his wobbly body through the crowd. "Yeah, yeah, let's just get you out of here," Leaning on her smaller body for support, Max struggled to keep Lucas up. "Lucas, you're squishing me," She tried, practically shoving his bigger body out the front door. "Oh, Right, sorry," He giggled, Max sitting him in her car.

She sighed, putting her own seat belt on as he continued to talk. "Just, please don't throw up in here," She pressed, not understanding Lucas's response but nodding anyways. Adjusting her tired eyes to the road, Max was not in the mood for this at all. Lucas suddenly sat up and pushed a piece of Max's red hair behind her ear as she drove. The girl's eyes widened at the action and her cheeks turned bright red. "You're pretty," He smiled, letting out a toothy grin. Wanting to get home in one piece, Max tried to keep her eyes on the road.

"And you're drunk," She finally retorted. Lucas rolled his eyes and looked out the window. "Drunk words are only sober thoughts, Maxy," He muttered, not making any eye contact this time. Max glanced over at him, furrowing her eyebrows. "Don't ever call me Maxy again." He raised his arms, laying back down in his seat. Why did she come pick him up again? Right, math homework.

-