*My girls*

*Requests : CATS_AreCoolxx asked for a one-shot where Max and Lucas just had their baby and he, as the new father figure in his family is showing his girls how good he truly is at taking care of them. Let me know what you think! I hope you like this!!

-

"Jesus," Max muttered winding at the hot blinding sunlight coming from her and Lucas's bedroom window. It took her a few minutes to even crawl out of bed as she had barely gotten any sleep the night before. Clearly, her newborn daughter wasn't very good at sleeping through the night just yet.

It was safe to say that last night had been a roller coaster for both of the new Sinclair parents. Their matching tired faces confirmed it. Though, that didn't stop Max from smiling to herself when she noticed her small sleeping daughter all wrapped up in her bassinet. She was adorable. But that didn't change the fact that she was the cause of the start of many sleepless nights.

Assuming Lucas had been up for a while as he had gotten the worst of their daughter, she looked around the room for him. After she'd had the baby, Lucas decided he'd stay up with her most nights due to Max carrying her for nine long months and birthing her. Despite Max's efforts of trying to help take care of her, Lucas only brushed her off and forced her to go back to sleep. 

Plus, the baby also seemed calmer around her father. There was something about Max that always just set her off and sent her into a crying fit. That was no fun for Mom or Dad. Therefore, Lucas mostly took care of her during long nights. Max tiptoed down the stairs, heading down to the kitchen to join her thoughtful and exhausted husband. 

Surprising her, she found him smiling back at her from the couch. Lucas Sinclair was sitting comfortably in their living room folding a load of laundry with a rather large cup of coffee in hand. That was a sight Max never thought she'd see. Ever. Was this all she needed to do to get him to do some laundry?

Maybe they should've had a baby before. Suddenly, Max wanted more babies. Six maybe? Seven would do the trick? Maybe more than that? "Wow, I can see you've been busy," Max chuckled more than amused with the sight. "Very," He replied gulping down his hot black coffee. No milk whatsoever. Max could practically smell how strong it was meters away from him. 

Making her way over to him, the stench only grew stronger. So strong it made her eyes start to water. Noticing the rather dark circles under her husband's eyes Max frowned. He had never looked more tired in his life. "Did you sleep last night Honey? At all?" Max cooed empathetically, plopping down to sit beside him on their couch.

"God no, who do you take me for?" Lucas laughed, almost stunned Max would ask him such a thing after the night they'd lived through together. Max felt a ping of hurt for him, maybe she should've pushed harder and helped him. "You're practically the baby whisperer," Max teased, resting her chin on his tense shoulder while he folded one of his work blouses. 

"Says you!" Lucas snickered back, kissing the tip of Max's nose. Max smiled at his attempt to make her feel better. Max was far from the baby whisperer and Lucas knew it. "What about you? Did you sleep okay?" He changed the subject. "Not any better than you," Max giggled with the same reaction he'd had on his face moments earlier.

"I guess we better get used to it then," Lucas sighed leaning his head against Max's. "I guess we should," She agreed. "So far, it's only been a week," He remarked stifling a laugh. "A very long and painful week," Max snorted, "Time flies," Later that night, after sacrificing his own needs and caring for his wife and daughter, Lucas finally plopped down into their bed by them. 

Max cradled her, resting her head against Lucas's chest while she observed her daughter's chest rise and fall. "You're such a good mother," Lucas breathed, the sight in front of him making his heart melt. "You're a better father," Max retorted, lightly stroking the length of her daughter's tiny button nose. Who knew Max Sinclair could be such a softie when it came to babies?

Correction: when it came to her baby. Lucas let out a snort confusing his wife. "What?" "I thought you didn't like babies," Max sighed at his remark due to the fact that he was mostly right. Max did in fact always hate babies. They were so confusing. Why would she want to babysit if they were always crying, screaming, making messes, throwing up, eating and shitting? Exactly.

She didn't want to babysit. I mean, sure, sometimes they could be cute but they were always so annoying. "Yeah well, she's different. She's my baby," Lucas observed the two for a while longer, pressing a soft kiss against each of their identical red heads of hair. "My two favourite girls are all happy together," Max smiled at his comment, slowly lowering the baby in her cot.

When she didn't instantly start to cry Lucas grinned. Thanking the lord, he buried himself in his sheets finally getting the sleep he so desperately was craving. Sadly for him, that didn't last very long when the baby started randomly crying again. "You have got to be fucking kidding me!?!" Lucas groaned, absolutely exhausted.

-