*Coming home*

*Requests: liltex and CH8502022 asked for something similar so I mashed them together. They both asked me to do something in which Max is either pregnant or finds out she's pregnant while he<s away. During this time, Max has their baby. When Lucas finds out he obviously comes as fast as he can to be there for her. This is so cute, I hope you both like it!! (I also have tons of requests coming soon so prepare yourself) (I might be closing requests since I've been getting so many.)

-

Lucas hopped off his plane, smelling the hot summer air of his hometown. He hadn't been back there in months, something he wasn't very happy about. He had gotten a fairly large promotion at work, meaning he had to travel much more than usual. Little did he know, this meant he would be overseas for over ten months.

This completely threw off his whole life, turning it into a large, unsolvable puzzle. You see, while he had been away, his wife, Max, of three years, found out that she was pregnant, expecting his baby. Of course, the couple had been delighted to be starting a family, the only thing wrong was that her husband wouldn't be there during those important nine months.

Max did her best to hide the fact that she was upset, already knowing how bad her husband was feeling about it. Of course, she was obviously devasted, crying herself to sleep on most nights in her lonely cold bed but she got used to it. She knew Lucas couldn't necessarily control it, he was their only source of income nowadays and her day job hadn't been cutting it.

She lied, telling him maybe this promotion was a gift in disguise. Sadly, it had been a real curse for the couple. Several times, Lucas tried quitting his job, looking through different options online, though Max ended up talking him into staying. He had worked very hard to even get that high in the company, she wasn't going to let him just throw everything away.

So, during those long and painful months, the couple did their best to stay in contact, while the time difference was hard to deal with, they both did their best, picking dates to call and catch up. Max would've never thought she would've been able to survive a long-distance relationship, let alone while pregnant. 

But she did. This gave her lots of prenatal anxiety. At night, before bed, she would lay, dreading even the thought of giving birth to her and Lucas's child while he was away. What if something went wrong? She'd wonder, knowing she shouldn't. Though, Lucas never knew about these thoughts as Max never told him.

She knew that if she told him, he'd immediately come home. Often nights, she'd wake from horrible nightmares, unable to fall asleep again. With tears pouring down her face, goosebumps on her skin and nothing but pajamas on she'd drive all the way across town to Mike and El's place, knowing she was always welcome, especially in times like these.

She'd stay there for weeks out of time, something Mike didn't quite enjoy but he made do with it, sympathizing over her sad reality. El took care of her during that time, listening to her worries and consoling her anytime she'd cry. She couldn't imagine what she would've done during her first pregnancy if Mike had been away the whole time. 

Meanwhile, across the world, Lucas hadn't exactly been relaxing. The man was working his butt off, doing everything he could to get back home to his wife and newly developing family. He'd curse at himself, breaking down in the shower over it. He felt so selfish, crying over not being able to get home. Pathetic.

He knew Max had it way worse than he did, yet here he was sobbing in the shower on a Thursday night. What a man. He hated himself enough over his choice of leaving her miles away back home while alone and pregnant. But still, he detested himself even more over the fact that he cried in the shower over it. How disappointing.

The distance between the couple continued till Lucas finally realized he needed to get home as soon as possible before he missed something life-changing. That day at the office, Lucas got multiple calls in less than five minutes. He knew better than anyone what this meant and when he read Max's message his predictions had been confirmed. 

Booking his flight home, Lucas huffed out of breath trying to find a spot for his car in the large airport parking lot. Immediately rushing for his flight and his ride to the hospital, when he sat down Lucas knew for a fact that he was too late. He had missed the birth of his firstborn, something he would never be able to forgive himself for in the future. 

Things needed to change fast. Not just for himself but for his family. For Max and for the new baby. When he arrived, he was greeted by his friends and sister all waiting outside the hospital door disappointed. With previous sad looks on their faces, they lit up when they noticed Lucas appear. The man dropped his things as he dragged his feet. 

Mike sighed as he walked over to give his friend a much-needed hug. Practically anyone could tell how bummed Lucas was in those moments. Wanting to run himself over with a car for being so selfish Lucas sniffed, "I missed it, didn't I?" Sad to break the news to him his friends nodded sadly. "She was just as upset as you," El spoke softly placing a gentle hand on his shoulder. 

Holding back hot tears Lucas cleared his throat, "Can I see her?" Stepping away from the door to let the man through, Mike mumbled as he watched him enter. "Congrats man," Lucas nodded thanking him before he strode inside the vacant hospital room. Inside, he found his wife alone in her hospital room. It was solely her with the exception of a small baby wrapped in her arms.

She quickly wiped her face noticing someone had come in. Afraid of what she might say to him Lucas spoke quickly, "I came as soon as I heard," She could be angry with him, furious even yet here she was beginning to smile. "You came," She started to cry again, so happy to see her husband that words wouldn't even suffice as an explanation. 

Wrapping his arms around his wife and new baby Lucas kissed their faces. "I shouldn't have left." He declared also beginning to cry when Max passed him the baby. "You're here now, that's all that matters," She smiled as Lucas sniffed once more. Sucking in several tears he looked to his wife, "Do you think I'll make a good dad?" "The best, Lucas." 

-