*First day drop-off*

*Requests : maddiecheers03 requested a one-shot of Max and Lucas dropping of their kid for their first day of school. All other newer requests will be out soon! Enjoy!

-

The morning sun streamed through the car window as Max and Lucas drove toward Fallon's school. Fallon bounced in her seat, her face pressed close to the window, taking in the passing scenery. "I can't wait, Mommy! It's gonna be so much fun!" Fallon's voice rang out in the car, brimming with excitement.

"I'm gonna make lots of friends, right?" Max glanced at Fallon in the rearview mirror, a warm smile gracing her lips. "Absolutely, baby." "Yeah, and I'll play on the swings and in the sandbox! Do they have a sandbox?" Fallon continued as Lucas chuckled from the driver's seat, "I'm sure they do, honey,"

Fallon nodded vigorously, her excitement clear as she imagined all the fun awaiting her at school. She began to talk to herself, listing all the things she hoped to do during her first day. Her little voice echoed with enthusiasm, eyes meeting Max's in the mirror.

But for Max, it was bittersweet. Max was usually the epitome of strength, but today was different. She was four months pregnant, a tiny bump adorning her belly, and the mixture of pregnancy hormones and the realization that her firstborn was starting kindergarten hit her harder than expected. Lucas glanced at Max, frowning at the sight of her holding back tears.

He reached out and squeezed her knee, offering silent comfort. Although he was trying to stay strong for both Max and Fallon, his emotions were a jumble as well. Arriving at the school gates, Max and Lucas helped Fallon out of the car, adjusting her backpack and straightening out her clothes.

It was infectious, yet a lump formed in her throat as she observed other parents saying goodbye to their children. "Are you excited, Fally?" Lucas asked, his voice laced with affection as he crouched down to Fallon's eye level. Fallon beamed as she began to jump up and down. "I can't wait to make friends, Daddy!"

Lucas chuckled softly at Fallon, "That's the spirit."Max knelt beside them, her voice gentle but tinged with a hint of sadness. "Listen, baby, be polite, eat your lunch, and don't let anyone steal it, okay?" Her maternal instincts kicked in, wanting to ensure Fallon had a smooth first day. Lucas shot Max a teasing smile.

"Max, she's in kindergarten, not high school. She'll be okay." Max's heart twisted at Lucas's remark. "I know," she replied, trying to mask the sudden realization that her baby was growing up too fast. The thought of high school someday felt too close for comfort.

Fallon, however, spun around, dancing with urgency to enter. "Okay Mommy, I promise, I'll be super polite!" "And don't forget, if anyone tries to take your snack, you tell them how tough your dad is!" Lucas kissed his muscles dramatically, earning giggles from his daughter. Max laughed softly, the heaviness in her heart easing at their playful banter.

"Alright, you two. Time to say goodbye," She pulled Fallon into a warm embrace, pressing a tender kiss to her daughter's forehead. "We'll be here at 3:00 to pick you up,"  Lucas followed suit, scooping Fallon into his arms for a bear hug. "Have a great day! You're gonna do amazing."

As Fallon headed towards her classroom, her backpack bouncing with every step, Max and Lucas watched her go. "We love you," Max's words carried a soft tremor, her eyes shimmering with unshed tears. Lucas's voice was equally tender. "Have an awesome day, sweetheart!"

His hand instinctively found Max's, offering a reassuring squeeze.Fallon turned back, waving enthusiastically. "I love you!" Fallon's smile was radiant as she skipped into the school. Max felt Lucas's arm slip around her shoulders, pulling her close.

They stood together for a moment, watching the school doors swing shut, an ache lingering in their hearts. Max leaned into Lucas's embrace, seeking comfort in his presence. "She's growing up," she murmured, her voice barely above a whisper. Lucas held her tighter, pressing a gentle kiss to her forehead.

"I know," he replied softly. "But she's going to be fine. We've raised an amazing girl." Max smiled weakly, "What the hell are we even gonna do all day?" As Max tried to compose herself, Mike and El's car finally arrived, a little late as usual. The couple's two rambunctious kids were already dashing towards the school entrance.

El glided past with a smile, sharing a knowing glance with Mike. He chuckled at Max and Lucas, shaking his head. "You guys look like you just sent her off to college," Mike teased, witnessing Max wipe away a stray tear. El flashed a reassuring smile, patting Max's shoulder. "It's okay. It's her first day, you'll get used to it."

Max managed a weak smile, nodding as she tried to fight back the emotions threatening to overflow. "Yeah, I know." Lucas squeezed Max's hand, offering a supportive smile to both Mike and El. "We're just... adjusting." Mike snorted, a twinkle of amusement in his eyes.

"You'll be fine. Remember this is kindergarten. You'll be oldies before you know it, trust me." El nodded in agreement. "This is the easy part." Lucas chuckled, "Right, the 'easy' part." Max put a hand to her hand, this was the easy part? "Fuck my life,"

-